Senior Manager, Restaurant Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Senior Manager, Restaurant Systems
The Senior Manager of Restaurant Systems partners in the development and delivery of a 3-year architectural vision and roadmap for DineEquity (DE) Restaurant HW and SW systems.
* Provide technology solution leadership/direction for Restaurant Systems while ensuring alignment with the overall business needs
* A strong, proactive and agile leader, mentor, thought leader, consultative business partner, lateral thinker, critical thinker and innovator
* Owns and drives solutions
* Lead recruiting and staffing efforts as required, including full-time, part-time, intern and consulting resources when/as needed.
* Provide professional and technical mentorship. Must have exceptional leadership and team development skills.
* Effectively allocates resources to support initiatives
* Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members
* Ensure GA readiness of Brand Systems solutions, ensuring the department is making the most of their systems and recommending solutions where they aren t.
* Engage with product vendors to understand their products current capabilities and roadmaps.
* Ensure compliance of solutions to relevant policies and regulations such as PCI-DSS.
* Proactively look for opportunities to leverage established technologies across both brands and minimize variation.
* Develops a thorough understanding of the DE business environment to ensure the system solutions are consistent with long-term business application directions.
* Ability to take a big-picture view of the restaurant systems in context of customer and business partner needs
* Engages in business process design decisions regarding restaurant systems to help solve business problems.
* Stays abreast of new systems development, hardware changes, business and management concepts applicable to the team.
* Experienced leading teams in the development/implementation of highly available restaurant/hospitality solutions
* Previous experiences with Restaurant/Hospitality Technologies. Skill sets desired include:
o Restaurant Point of Sale, ideally Oracle Hospitality/Micros RES3700 product suite.
o Kitchen Display Systems
o Inventory Management, Labor Management, Demand Management & Forecasting
o Cloud technologies, including cloud based POS solutions
o Multiple RDBMS SQL Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
o Systems Integrations
o Configuration Management & Systems Management Tools (Chef, Salt, LANDESK, Symantec/Altiris)
o Deployment technologies
* Strong emphasis on best practices, SDLC and industry-leading processes
* Responsible for staffing, managing and developing a team of technologists who are accountable for the development, configuration and administration of new and existing restaurant solutions, solution optimization and enhancements, development of deployment packages when needed and oversight of systems integration.
* Oversees management and related processes of menu setup and other configuration settings of Restaurant Systems.
* Oversees and assists with needs assessment and vetting of requests for configuration changes, then follows proper change control procedures during their deployment
* Oversees system administration of restaurant systems and development and escalation support related to these systems.
* Takes a leadership role in new solution consultation for supported third party systems.
* Provides successful resolution for fourth level (highly complex) incident escalations.
* Communicates and builds relationships with internal and external business partners including Account Management, Brand Systems Development & Architecture, Implementation & Training, QA and the Helpdesk.
* Oversees creation of images for new hardware.
* Maintains vendor relations for vendor partners and clear communication paths for fourth level escalations.
* Organizes, delegates, reviews and signs-off on team members work.
* Participate in task identification, work effort estimates, and resource allocation for new initiatives and ongoing system administration support
* Oversee creation and maintenance of end user and technical documentation
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, project managers, product managers, quality assurance, management and operations.
* Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting application and configuration failures, including the analysis of complex problems and issues and developing and implementing recommended solutions.
* Administer, support and deliver complex enterprise class applications.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
* 10+ years experience in progressive information technology roles with a strong preference for roles in the restaurant, hospitality or hotel industry.
* Prior management experience
* Proven experience implementing various restaurant technologies including Micros RES 3700 product suite, restaurant back office solutions, kitchen display systems and custom developed solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to proactively prioritize and delegate tasks
* Demonstrated ability to accurately document and communicate process and procedures
* Strong communication skills and problem-solving capabilities
* Demonstrated ability as team leader on complex technical projects; ability to achieve results through others
* Retail hospitality industry background desirable
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
* Disability Coverage
* Coverage for Domestic Partner
* Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
* Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we*
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities we serve.
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law