Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
Castlight Health is seeking a Senior Revenue Manager to lead the implementation of ASC 606 and be the primary interface with Sales and Deal Desk in the review of deals, documentation of contract summaries and determination of revenue recognition. The ideal candidate will understand the complexities of revenue recognition and be able to work with departments across the company to help drive Company success. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this position will play a key role in the growth of the Company.
* Review revenue-related contracts to determine proper revenue recognition methodology under ASC 605-25, including development of complete accounting summaries for contracts.
* Serve as an internal technical accounting partner to Sales and Deal Desk during the contract negotiation process as required, communicating the revenue impact, and offering alternative structures.
* Manage inquiries/requests from cross-functional teams including Sales, Financial Planning (FP&A), Legal, Customer Success, Implementations and Product Marketing.
* Interface with business groups throughout the Company - effectively communicating and educating on revenue recognition requirements and associated guidance.
* Lead effort to transition Company to ASC 606. Develop implementation plan and related business process changes.
* Play a key role in the architecture of financial systems required for revenue recognition and billing operations.
* Support FP&A in forecasting of revenue and tracking of key metrics.
* Review allocations for multiple element arrangements in accordance with ASC 605-25.
* Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions and write related technical memos.
* Perform BESP reviews and analyses.
* Combination of Big 4 Public Accounting Experience along with Software or SaaS industry experience. 6+ years of revenue recognition experience.
* Must have prior experience reviewing customer arrangements and writing technical accounting memos and policies
* Strong knowledge of revenue recognition literatures--SAB Topic 13, ASC 605-25, ASC 985-605 and ASC 606.
* Experience in tracking of complex enterprise SaaS and/or software transactions.
* Advanced MS Excel skills.
* Strong financial systems background. NetSuite experience is a plus.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.