Senior Manager, SAP Integration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
As a key member of Information Technology Enterprise Applications Team will be a trusted adviser to the business and IT in defining and leading initiatives to improve all aspects of business process, solution and application integration within and utilizing SAP.
The Senior Manager, SAP Integration will work with business and IT to:
* Design, improve and implement robust and controlled business process solutions for where SAP integrates with other systems
* Liaise with SAP functional and technical solution experts to improve integration on how best to process business transactions across SAP modules
* Support the implementation of consistent and efficient integration approaches for the Company's merger and acquisition initiatives
* Develop, implement and influence Emergent s strategic objectives and collaborate on updating the long-term business application roadmap based on those objectives and in overall alignment to the IT Strategy.
* Develop and continually improve an SAP merger and acquisition playbook and template approach and lead the implementation of mergers and acquisitions for SAP and integrated applications
* Work with business and IT teams to define and deploy best in class business process and integration improvements utilizing SAP and Life sciences best practices
* Contribute to and execute the technology vision for the SAP Platform and work with business partners to propose enhancements to support Emergent.
* Enable Emergent s growth strategy by driving efficiency and agility in application development and SAP platform management by leveraging SAP best practices, minimizing customization and assessing IT trends within the organization. Serve as liaison for integration related decisions.
* Develop and maintain technical, analytical, and practical proficiencies needed to ensure optimal application of technologies.
* Lead teams of SAP Business Analysts and other project team members from the business in the delivery of critical projects which require end to end process and technical expertise based on best practices, business process and SAP expertise.
* Oversee the development and implementation of integration solutions that ensure reliability, data consistency and business and IT controls are enhanced.
* Understand and manage client expectations to ensure strong client service and satisfaction by meeting the needs of clients in a complete and timely manner.
* Manage relationships with Service Providers/Vendors and internal customers on an ongoing basis.
* Provide input into resource planning, staffing needs, cost estimation, budget development and cost control.
* Expert-level knowledge on effective business and technology options and controls for interfacing with SAP
* Expert-level knowledge of configuration and business processes across multiple SAP modules and understanding of the integration points across SAP modules (like MM, HR, PM, PP, SD) and how they integrate with FI/CO.
* Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11, GXP, Annex 11 and SOX compliance and its impact on SAP configuration.
Project Management and Execution
* Leads SAP integration initiatives, develop project plans and manage the implementation.
* Ensure project deadlines and schedules are met; ensure project team members prioritize multiple tasks effectively and understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
* Coaching/advising project team members on project management best practices and consistent application of project standards.
* Partner with appropriate Emergent personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
* Partner with the business owner and project management to define project scope and objectives.
* Document, prioritize and track requests (changes, enhancements, etc.) and coordinate with the IT Change Advisory Board (ITCAB) .
Business Analysis and Reporting
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with business owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following deliverables as needed: User Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs etc.
* Partner with Emergent personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or business processes.
* Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business applications.
* Review technical documents with functional leads or project team to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
Quality Assurance and Testing
* Oversee technical design specifications, define test conditions, develop accurate and complete test plans and conduct/coordinate testing according to plan following all change control processes.
* Identify and documents system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
* Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
* Ensure that all tests are conducted and documented according IT standards
* Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
* Ensure that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management process.
* Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
* Work with appropriate personnel to ensure the appropriate level of testing for new functionality or change requests.
* Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements, testing and releasing updates.
* Oversee the identification and maintenance of training requirements with respect to existing or new technologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
* Bachelor s degree from accredited college or university is required specializing in computer science, information systems, or a related field; advanced degree strongly recommended.
* 8 10+ years expert-level knowledge of SAP module configuration as well as integration within SAP to other modules including: master data, batch determination and management, classes and characteristics, manufacturing, document management, workflow, inventory and materials management, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) integration, Customer management, Global Trade Solutions, Contract Lifecycle management, among others.
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in leading SAP integration efforts for mergers and acquisitions
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance/Compliance, 21 CFR Part 11 and other FDA regulations
* Knowledge of SOX compliance and its impact on SAP configuration.
* 5+ years of SAP functional experience in the SAP environment