Senior Manager Sales Training - Pain and GI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Florham Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Manager Sales Training position is a high visibility position which significantly impacts the field sales force by focusing on the key role of Pain and Gastroenterology Care Trainer. You will also assist with other Specialty Sales Force product training in product/clinical knowledge, marketplace, disease state, competition, effective communication, basic to advanced selling skills, business acumen, technical operations, administrative procedures, general medical terminology, managed care, and instructing the Shionogi Sales Model.
The Senior Manager of Sales Training will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of training programs in a variety of formats and media while ensuring completeness and accuracy. Will oversee the revision all training curricula via the annual review process. In addition, will partner with internal stakeholder team members to design, implement and revise training curricula to support current and future business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead, manage and communicate appropriate Commercial Training and Development programs and resources to all customer segments to help support the commercial organization’s strategic goals.
• Work with key internal departments (Marketing, Sales, Legal, Medical, Regulatory, and Compliance) to ensure all training materials are reviewed and approved prior to field dissemination.
• Design, Develop, Deliver, Implement and Assess Clinical, Platform and Business Acumen Training Curricula independently, and with vendors.
• Clinical product(s) and disease state(s) training expert.
• Work with/manage vendors for the development and enhancement of training curricula.
• Work with internal and external colleagues to design, implement and facilitate training workshops at POA/National Sales Meetings to help the sales consultants apply current/new/revised marketing messages and skills.
• Conduct all Initial Training programs, Train-the-Trainer and National/POA training sessions.
• Facilitate and evaluate role plays and product certifications in various selling situations.
• Ownership for and accountable to designing a yearly training schedule for new hires and tenured sales consultants.
• Support a home study curriculum that allows new hires to be prepared for formal training class.
• Thoroughly and effectively evaluates trainee performance and communicates trainee progress/performance with management.
• Assesse the training and developmental needs of Sales Consultants through various methods, including field visits. Evaluate the effectiveness of the training and take appropriate steps to continuously enhance the quality of the training curriculum via assessments, field rides and feedback.
• Create advanced/sustainability programs for continuation of Sales Consultants development.
• Develop, maintain, evaluate and deliver sales training/continuous learning curricula via the Sales Training LMS. Assist in its design and development to ensure it is consistent with career pathway initiatives.
• Update and maintain the Sales Training Learning Management System. Continuously evaluate and enhance course offerings consistent with commercial goals.
• Responsible for the evaluation and development of each individual Shionogi sales trainer in the department.
• Responsible for the continued training and development of the RTL (Regional Training Liaisons) team. Provide communication and feedback to the DM and appropriate RD.
• Accountable for the continual assessment of the training curriculum expectations of the Shionogi organization and the industry; and measure the outcome of training initiatives.
• Accountable for the alignment of training with the key marketing and clinical messages and the priorities of the Shionogi organization.
• Evaluate and recommend outside vendor training resources and programs.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholder team members (e.g. Marketing) to ensure the alignment of training tactics with product portfolio strategies.
• Work with co-promotion partner(s) to develop mutually beneficial training programs.
• Maintain working knowledge of all products to support team member Sales Trainers.
• Model the way for all new hires, SCs, DMs, & RDs of the standards of excellence and ownership on all training initiatives.
• Manage corporate trainers and/or field based trainers
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree with proven success in pharmaceutical sales with a minimum of 6 years in pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven success as a Pharmaceutical sales representative plus additional experience as a corporate sales trainer with 2+ years of training experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Leverage technology platforms such as, but not limited to: LMS, Adobe Connect, Articulate, Survey Monkey, WebEx, etc.
• Operate effectively and efficiently as an Individual Contributor, Team Member & Team Leader.
• Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid Presentation and Facilitation skills.
• Quickly identifies key issues and makes appropriate decisions/judgments.
• Work effectively and collaboratively across functions as a team player to seamlessly help to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical and managed care environments.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a numerous variables in dynamic situations.
• Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience selling and/or training Pain/GI Care Products.
• Corporate trainer or other corporate related training experience.
• Experience utilizing adult learning concepts, state-of-the-art training techniques and proven project management principles.
• High level of time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Curriculum and Instructional Design experience.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html -- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.