Senior Manager, Sec Reporting & Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JWM Group, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, External Reporting
_Fortune 5 Global Company_
ABOUT THE JOB
We are recruiting for our client, a solid Fortune 5 Global company. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with recent U.S. GAAP and SEC experience, either with a Big 4 firm, or a mix of public accounting and industry experience. This company offers tremendous long-term career growth opportunities. If you are looking to take your career to the next level with a company that is poised to continue prospering in the future, please explore this rare high-level opportunity.
The Senior Manager of External will lead the external process for this publically traded company. Furthermore, this individual will be responsible for performing accounting analyses and making recommendations to senior controller leadership and other business leaders as necessary. The position will be supported by a Manager, Senior Accountant and Staff.
* Lead team responsible for external to the SEC, support investor relations team with quarterly press releases and other matters, implement new accounting standards as necessary, and provide technical accounting guidance to businesses and corporate controllership
* Manage the accounting for new acquisitions for growing company, as well as divestitures and discontinued operations
* Oversight of certain accounting areas including cash flows, equity, earnings per share, non-controlling interest, goodwill and intangibles
* Prepare and review accounting policies and procedures, including providing guidance to businesses
* Identify ways to promote efficiency within the financial process to create a best practices environment
* Maintain knowledge of current and proposed FASB and SEC pronouncements to ensure proper application in the company's process
* Supervise, mentor and develop assigned staff within the financial area
* Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned
* 8+ years of progressive accounting and SEC experience with Big 4 Audit public / private mix (Manufacturing background preferred)
* Excellent (current) technical accounting skills
* Strong supervisor with proven ability to develop talented professionals
* Acquisition (purchase accounting, due diligence), divestiture and income tax accounting / a plus
* Position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with executives
* CPA is required
* Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements, along with excellent research and issue resolution skills