- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Manager Solutions Marketing
SR. MANAGER, CROSS-PORTFOLIO SOLUTIONS MARKETING MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Veritas is looking to hire a senior marketing rock star to join the Cross-Portfolio Solutions Marketing team. This position is based in Silicon Valley, California. The ideal candidate will be a technology enthusiast with the ability to up-level technical concepts into simple stories that clearly articulate business value for customers. This person will be someone who approaches marketing with a data-driven mindset with a strong research acumen and ability to drive and show results. Strong written/verbal communications skills are a must, an interest and presence in professional/IT social platforms is a plus, and graphic design/creative media talents are a benefit. Basic project management skills with the ability to own/drive projects to close are expected.
The Cross-Portfolio Solutions Marketing team is responsible for developing messaging and programs related to the macro trends in the market such as cloud, open source, big data, etc. The team helps position Veritas whole offers to customers and tailors messages for industry verticals like financial services, healthcare, and telecommunications. The output from the team informs brand strategy and awareness campaigns, demand generation, and a plethora of other go-to-market activities.
If you are looking for a big opportunity to join a company with market-leading technology and IPO in the crosshairs, have a history of bold, disruptive marketing, and otherwise think you have what it takes to be a successful part of our team, we d like to speak to you.
Veritas is a top software provider of data backup and recovery, business resiliency, and information governance solutions across all industries. Our customers consist of tens of thousands of enterprises around the world including 86% of the Global Fortune 500. The IT environments of these customers are arguably the largest and most sophisticated in the world made up of a combination of legacy systems, differing storage platforms, multiple virtualization technologies, and public and private cloud deployments. Helping customers manage their information and reducing information-based risks across such heterogeneous infrastructure at massive scale is no small and certainly no easy task, which is why customers trust Veritas technologies.
* Take on and execute cross-portfolio solutions marketing projects and programs
* Conduct research via customer interviews, surveys, etc. to inform messaging strategy and positioning
* Work closely with product management to develop Veritas whole offer go-to-market strategy
* Develop various external-facing content that communicates Veritas differentiators leveraging the latest digital/social vehicles
* Partner with Veritas public relations to develop PR plans, press releases, blogs, bylines, and abstracts.
* Partner with analyst relations to educate influencers on Veritas value proposition and ensure a strong position in key reports
* Partner with sales enablement to educate direct sales and partners on latest messaging and positioning respective to trends, cross-portfolio topics, and verticals where appropriate
* Promote and inform internal stakeholders of related marketing plans and campaign successes and ensure message consistency among corporate spokespeople
* Proven success in business-to-business product marketing 5 years or more ideally with prior sales experience
* Entrepreneurial self-starter with discipline for setting goals and metrics, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues
* Ability to take complex technology and describe its business value
* Creative, collaborative, and organized approach to identifying opportunities and solving problems
* Successful at managing stakeholders at all levels of an organization (including senior executives), as well as media, partners, customers and analysts
* Ability to regularly travel to interact with customers and partners is required
* Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or equivalent (MBA highly desired)
MORE ABOUT VERITAS
Veritas is the information management leader, and has recently separated from Symantec and formed as an independent business in January 2016. Veritas serves organizations of all sizes, including 86% of the Fortune 500 with a broad range of information management solutions. Recognized by Gartner as a leader in Backup and Recovery and Information Archiving for over a decade, the company provides innovative solutions for backup and recovery, business continuity, storage management, and information governance. The Veritas business generated $2.5 billion in revenue for Symantec in fiscal year 2014. Veritas competes in markets that are an estimated $11 billion today, potentially expanding to $16 billion in 2018 with a CAGR of 7% from 2013 to 2018..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.