Senior Manager Strategic Business
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 10728 Senior Manager Strategic Business (Open)
SBU - Comcast
The Senior Manager, Strategic Business assists in the overall management and care of client accounts from a relationship and technical perspective; ensuring business needs are aligned with support and delivery. This role assists the Strategic Business leadership team to create, implement, manage, and control the customer relationship management strategy aimed to understand, anticipate, and manage the needs of the organization from a current and future perspective. This role minimizes customer impacting issues and collaborates with internal support and delivery teams to continue to evolve and streamline our operating model. The Senior Manager Strategic Business is responsible for building and leading one or more of the teams and/or functions within the strategic business model who are positioned as trusted advisors and customer advocates for the organization.
* Drive revenue. Make recommendations to the business and financial management for client accounts that include revenue growth and retention, in addition to business and financial planning.
* Collaborate with the client leadership team and provide input in the design and implementation of the strategies that enhance business performance in the account/business while growing profit and revenue.
* Participate in contract renewals, RFIs, and RFPs of products and services.
* Assist the team with the creation of documented success plans that tell the client story and which outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations for mitigation and success. Require completion of business reviews and utilization studies.
* Cultivate future project initiatives that leverage the full range of the product and service portfolio.
* Client Relationship Management: In collaboration with the account/business leadership team, provide recommendations on the overall strategy and service delivery expectations that drive customer retention and satisfaction based upon measurement and management of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs). With customer profitability and continuous service improvements as a focus, provide recommendations to team leadership to evolve and optimize the strategic business service and delivery model and ensure proper staffing levels and skills are in place to execute on the strategy.
* Identify servicing issues, structure resolutions, and follow-through in order to continue to build the client relationship.
* Assign resources to ensure optimal account coverage.
* Implement methods for a more efficient workflow that meet department initiatives and client interests.
* Assist the team in the resolution of customer issues to minimize the impact and ensure the appropriate client communication is provided.
* Provide guidance to the team on projects and issues prioritization.
* Collaborate with internal teams to guide customers on product functionality, technology, process guidance, and implementation that drive them to capture, manage, generate and optimize revenue, and strengthen the overall customer relationship.
* Guide internal teams to examine complex business problems with a logically structured, data driven approach, and leverage critical thinking and disciplined problem solving tools to arrive at solutions that are mutually satisfactory for CSG and the customer.
* Assist the team in their technical customer interactions throughout the design, build, test, and delivery of products and services.
* Ensure the technical viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent change requests.
* Provide feedback to the product development organization for improvements, market trends, customer architecture roadmaps and product issues.
* Be positioned as an ambassador for the company both internally and externally. Provide thought leadership to educate the customer and internal teams on business industry trends as well as the customer business strategies.
* Responsible for effective demonstration of managerial practices to include: the identification and recruitment of key strategic talent in the region and/or territory, providing day-to-day leadership to the strategic business teams, distribution and explanation of account plans, the establishment of clear roles, responsibilities, regions, and/or accounts for team members, as well as the overall coaching and performance management of a high performing team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or a related field or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 7 years' experience in the sales and/or customer support of software products and services within the cable, DBS, and/or telecommunications market.
* Minimum of 3 years leadership experience with demonstrated success building and leading support and client relationship management teams.
* Driven with the ability to exceed customer expectations.
* Executive level presence with the maturity and strategic planning experience to manage large, complex client accounts.
* Strong financial management experience.
* Working knowledge of technical concepts including operations and development processes, with emphasis on the Media and Entertainment business inclusive of Cable, DBS, and Telecommunications with experience with OSS/BSS solutions.
* Advanced ability to assess a situation and quickly formulate the correct solution.
* Strong written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
* Proven track record as a change manager and adept at building high performance teams while driving transformational breakthroughs within target accounts.
* Solid commitment to customer service with good initiative and follow-through.
* Must be able to travel up to 50% - internationally and/or domestically.
As a CSG employee, your contributions to our success are a big advantage to the company and we believe you deserve to have a valuable selection of benefits, competitive pay, and total rewards in return. Our benefits offer some important must haves plus valuable programs that let you customize your coverage to fit your needs, today and tomorrow. Our multiple recognition programs are yet another way we recognize one another for the contributions, teamwork, dedication, innovation and accomplishments that have enabled our growth for more than 25 years.