Senior Manager Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionAs the Senior Manager of Tax, you will have oversight of all European tax matters including: supporting the quarterly and annual tax provision preparation and review process for European entities in accordance with US ASC 740 and 10K/10Q tax disclosure requirements, proper reconciliation and analysis of each country's income tax expense account, roll-forward of the income tax payable, and maintenance of accumulated statutory book/tax differences to support deferred tax balances. This role will sit in either our Chicago, IL or Batesville, IN office.
* Establish and manage international tax related procedures, documentation, restructuring and tax minimization projects
* Coordinate with the European controllers to ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of income tax returns, estimates, and extensions. Maintain repository of filed tax returns on the network for use in supporting the US Earnings & Profits computations.
* Responsible for taking a lead role with the European controllers in managing income tax and transfer price audits conducted by the European tax authorities.
* Manage compliance process to ensure accurate and timely filing of US Earnings & Profits Analysis, US Subpart F income calculations, US Forms 5471 and other tax filings and supporting calculations.
* Participate in due diligence and analysis for certain mergers and acquisitions and transaction integrations and other special projects.
* Identify, research, analyze and implement planning ideas with respect to tax return filing positions, worldwide organizational structure, and departmental policies and procedures.
* Assist business units and other corporate functions such as legal, treasury, and accounting as needed.
* Review, monitor and coordinate with the US Corporate Treasury group on the accounting and tax treatment for intercompany loans including impact of foreign exchange exposure.
* Examine transfer pricing policies and related documentation.
* Develop systems and procedures that lead to process improvements, both within the tax department and throughout the organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Tax, or Accounting
* At least 10 years of experience focused on income tax research, planning and compliance, and US ASC 740 principles
* Experience researching and documenting complex tax issues, implementing tax savings strategies, and analyzing volumes of financial information, creating financial reports, etc.
* Experience with analysis and reporting while utilizing accounting and tax software, databases, and Excel spreadsheets
* Strong economic orientation. Business and bottom-line focused; results oriented
* Ability to self-direct, given the support needed in Europe
* Up to 30% travel during the first year and 15- 20% per year thereafter
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Experience from corporate taxation
* International experience in a manufacturing environment within tax and/or a large public accounting firm
* Experience in a broad range of tax areas
* Broad knowledge of European tax laws and regulations on income tax matters - Preferably in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, France, and/or UK