Senior Manager, Technology- Java SOA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Sapient Global Markets
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, Technology- Java SOA
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front line of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for todays dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As Senior Manager, Technology at Sapient Global Markets, you will have multiple responsibilities including technical management of project teams, architecture and technical design development, providing best practice points of view within your area of expertise and also being the authority for IT development methods and processes. You will guide the design, user interface, and technology integration of projects working closely with the clients technology and management teams. Using your expertise on enterprise-wide trends you will also act as a trusted client and team advisor and realize new business opportunities.
* Lead design, estimation, planning and implementation of IT system related business solutions.
* Work closely with client stakeholders to establish technology strategy at a business level.
* Work with business stakeholders to provide technical solutions that deliver to business needs.
* Consult clients senior technical leaders on best practice points of view.
* Establish and manage high, mid and low level project plans working with a Project Manager
* Provide leadership and technical direction for multidisciplinary, international teams of 5 people.
* Contribute to define client account strategies
* Lead business development and proposal work, developing client relationships at all levels.
* Establishes the strategic direction for the application, which may be document in an application(s)road map
* Works with the enterprise architecture group to ensure that broad IT strategies are represented in the application plans
* Ability to deliver compelling presentations to senior internal and client stakeholders.
* Evidences deep technical understanding of the application platform and associated trends
* Builds credibility with developers
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Deep experience in enterprise architecture, design patterns and implementation of custom developed solutions (and/or product integration projects).
* Experience in design, development, testing and deployment of applications based on Event-driven and Service-oriented architecture
* Experience in service design to decompose business requirements into business and technical services based on SOA principles and best practices
* Work closely with the clients and their enterprise architecture team and the projects technical lead to standardize the architecture and determine best practices to implement SOA and/or Cloud-based solution into the clients existing infrastructure.
* Work closely with clients SOA governance/enterprise architecture teams to ensure fulfillment of business and technical requirements in alignment with enterprise wise standards and suggest changes where necessary
* Lead the task of research and analysis to determine the business and technical requirements for a complete software solution. This may entail rapid prototype design and development.
* Oversee the design, development, documentation, and vetting of architectures for existing and/or new SOA and Cloud based systems
* Experience with design, development, testing and deployment of Java/J2EE based applications is a must.
* Experience in Web Services standards and technologies (e.g., XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST etc.)
* Experience in open source SOA platforms like JBoss, WSO2 or other product stack is a plus
* Experience developing XML/XSLT/XPATH/JSON based solutions
* Experience with OOPS, Struts, Design Patterns and Data Structures, experience in using TDD for development and write units tests leveraging frameworks including JUnit, Mockito, and JMock for extensive unit-testing
* Experience developing applications using Spring, Spring Integration, Spring WS, ORM framework, and build and release frameworks including Ant and Maven
* Experience on using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube etc. for delivery high quality code
* Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage a track the work throughout the project lifecycle.
* Consult with vendors and other sources on industry and product direction, functionality and capabilities
* Experience in a consulting or client-facing role in large organizations.
* Experience in the Financial Services and /or Commodities trading industry highly desired.
* Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience in leading agile development projects
* Openness to travel and work at client offices
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to todays evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation. Sapient is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Companys business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.