Senior Manager, VAT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our VAT group in our Dallas office State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national, United States headquartered companies with non-US indirect tax technology issues, including transaction analysis, supply chain, business expansion, and mergers and acquisitions
- Develop responses to client proposal requests regarding non-US indirect taxes
- Provide advice to businesses regarding their non-US indirect taxes and interact with non-US tax authorities
- Prepare Value Added Tax (VAT) training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for implementing VAT and other non-US indirect tax compliance processes and system improvements; develop new and existing client and internal relationships
- Develop and mentor new staff
- Seven years of experience leading non-US indirect systems projects such as Sabrix, Vertex or Taxware or native ERP systems, and experience with SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, or Great Plains, specifically the AP/PO, A/R, or G/L modules
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field of study from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M., MST (Masters in Taxation), IIT VAT Compliance Diploma, CA, CTA, AITI, or Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI) designation (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Seven years of experience regarding non-US indirect taxes, including dealing with non-US tax authorities
- Strong technical awareness of non-US indirect tax issues; understanding of key non-US indirect tax processes and data drivers
- Self-motivated, ability to generate and plan work effort and manage project schedules/priorities with clear written and verbal communications
- Ability to develop and maintain existing internal and client relationships and help to build new relationships with key local office targets
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .