Senior Manager of Human Resources 8/9/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
_t's a generalist role and employee relations and training/development are very important. _
_Must be able to interact well with staff and have daily employee meetings, speaking with all departments and all levels of staff. Tangible experience in this area is important. _
_The person also needs to have experience in development of staff, curriculum, program planning, etc._
Manage, plan, and coordinate human resources programs and initiatives for the Firm in order to maximize the strategic impact of human resources. Lead employee relations function, talent development/training initiatives, career/succession planning, effectiveness and engagement, administrative policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Act as lead administrative staff employee relations consultant to all domestic regional offices and oversee day-to-day employee relations for NY office administrative staff.
* Direct the development, implementation and interpretation of US Administrative Staff Human Resources policies and procedures. Remain abreast of employment law changes/updates.
* Evaluate and develop systems for reviewing and monitoring employee engagement, e.g. eePulse. Review and analyze employee survey results, identify gaps and develop recommendations for closing the gaps to improve overall employee engagement and organizational effectiveness.
* Oversee the learning management system (LMS) and manage the development and delivery of administrative staff training and professional development. Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure LMS supports Firm training and technical needs, develop and maintain documentation and training relating to the system, oversee system content, and manage relationship with LMS Vendor.
* Regularly liaise with Compensation and Performance Management team to ensure consistent application of performance standards.
* Manage onboarding and exit interview process and analyze feedback to identify training and development needs.
* Administer the annual scholarship program for U.S. Administrative Staff.
* Manage Work/Life, Emergency Child Care, Seniority Awards, Recognition Manage Staff Appreciation Day program and other related programs for NY office.
* Provide back up support in the absence of the HR Director.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
* Must have 7+ years of HR experience with a strong understanding of HR - in particular employment law, strategic planning, employee relations, training and development in a large global law firm or equivalent.
* Experience managing a team.
* Experience with policy development and succession planning.
* Demonstrated experience implementing a HR metrics program to guide business decisions.
* Comfortable utilizing a HRIS, in particular Workday and Cornerstone-LMS.
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various administrative groups and to work closely with lawyers of all levels within a large law firm setting.
* Strong follow up skills and the ability to be persuasive in managing priorities
* Excellent listening skills, strong diplomatic and influencing skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
* PHR, SPHR, GPHR a plus.
* JD preferred.