Senior Managing/Principal Engineer, Construction Consulting (2655)
Exponent - Los Angeles, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our more than 850 staff members work in 24 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has approximately 600 consultants, including more than 325 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Construction Consulting Practice services the construction industry by providing project advisory, risk analysis, strategic planning, dispute resolution, and financial damages services. Our multi-disciplined staff, which includes engineers, architects, construction managers, accountants, and technical specialists, provides these services to both the public and private sectors on all types of construction projects. Some of these include commercial buildings, industrial and manufacturing facilities, power plants, bridges and roads, marine structures, light rail systems, tunnels, airports, sporting arenas, resorts and gaming facilities, and retail outfits.
The Construction Consulting Practice is currently hiring a Senior Managing/Principal Engineer for our Los Angeles or Irvine office. We are looking for an experienced consultant to lead and further expand our construction consulting efforts throughout Southern California, as well as contribute to the continued growth of our national practice.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Expand our construction consulting efforts in Southern California
- Direct client assignments related to construction delays, impacts, and damages; provide claims preparation, review, and analysis; and assist clients through litigation
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities and promote Exponent through typical business contacts
- Develop and mentor staff in the areas of construction delays and impacts, cost and damages, and project management
- Promote Exponent's expertise in construction management services by publishing papers, presenting at conferences, and conducting seminarsQualifications for this position include:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture. Advanced degree(s) and registration is preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in construction claims consulting and project management experience
- Significant experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services, construction management and construction consulting services
- Proven business development and client management track record, and the ability to attract projects to support full-time staff