Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join their high-performance Engineering team working at the liquid chromatography column manufacturing plant in Newport, Delaware. The preferred candidate must enjoy tackling technical challenges and must possess the experience, desire, and skills needed to identify opportunities for improvement and work as a self-directed member of the Engineering team. The candidate must possess the interpersonal relationship and leadership skills needed to interface with all levels of management and technical staff, and lead and influence process improvement activities. The experienced candidate must also be able to lead, mentor, and train other members of the technical team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, improving, and troubleshooting the chemical processes and chemical process equipment for the production of silica based packing for high performance liquid chromatography columns. The Manufacturing Engineer will work in a dynamic production environment in collaboration with other Process and Project Engineers, QA Chemists, Production Supervisors, Manufacturing Technicians, Production Operators, and Maintenance Staff.
-- Leading project teams to develop and deploy product and process improvements, which include capital projects and continuous improvement projects.
-- Participating and supporting aspects of technology transfer and scale-up of manufacturing processes delivered from R&D and New Product Introduction teams into Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Executing and supporting the Management of Change control process, determining disposition of nonconforming product, and creating and executing corrective and preventive action plans to improve safety and quality.
- Writing standard operating procedures and training plant staff.
- Analyzing process and quality data using statistical analysis tools, and maintaining metrics for the production process.
* Bachelor or Master s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent, or a combination of education and or experience. Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering preferred.
* 10+ years of manufacturing engineer, process engineer or controls engineer. Experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
* Strong project management skills and ability to work as a successful project manager or member of a project team to achieve strategic goals while meeting schedules, budgets, and technical objectives.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent skills in operational trouble shooting, statistical analysis, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
* Must be mechanically inclined.
The following skills and experience are highly desired:
* Hands-on experience and working knowledge of instrumentation and controls systems
* Knowledge of safety management systems and process hazard analysis.
* Experience conducting FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, or other problem solving methodologies.
* Ability to create 2D or 3D mechanical drawings, and PFD or P&ID drawings.
* Knowledge of silica based chemistry and High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
* Previous work experience in an ISO9000 registered or FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..