Manufacturing Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Manufacturing Engineer III is expected to oversee the activities associated with the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products. This includes ensuring the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Will be expected to develop, implement and maintain methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture and fabrication of parts which will include the estimation of manufacturing costs, time standards and the ability to recommend tooling and process requirements for new and existing products. Will act as a liaison with internal and external customer in releasing new products. May participate in the selection, development and evaluation in personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer III will provide high level technical expertise to a project or program such as planning, task layouts, technical calculations, design and analysis functions, technical report writing, presentations and other engineering functions as required.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Technical design and engineering responsibility for identified or assigned efforts
* Conceptual layout and associated generation of CAD parts, assemblies, and drawings as required to support program completions
* Daily interface with Engineering Manager and Value Stream Manager to establish clear lines of communication and provide task status
* Provides leadership to lower level engineers including guidance for creation of work instructions, travelers, designs, and material selections, in support of the production processes
* Provides technical guidance to the integrated product team
* Research and selection of equipment, vendors and consultants that might be required for task resolution
* Maintain control of production processes through SPC and data analysis
* Provide root cause and corrective action for out of control processes
* Design, implement, and review of production tooling and fixtures
* Create Bill of Material - Item Masters in ERP
* Draw conclusions and execute plans to provide RCCA for non-conforming product
* B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Industrial Engineering
* 8+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
* A minimum of 5 years' of experience with composite materials and processing techniques such as autoclave, RTM, and compression molding preferred
* Experience with AS9100 quality management system
* Excellent working knowledge of GD&T
* Self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives
* Experience with marketing support (meetings, presentations, customer interface) and proposals (excellent technical writing skills, cost estimating) experience is required
* Manage a team and be an integral team member, yet also be able to function independently
* Be able to make technical, data-driven decisions and execute with limited management support
* Use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons or facts from data to draw conclusions
* Understand, follow and adhere to corporate Quality Management System on a daily basis
* Experience with machine shop floor practices
* Mechanically able to assemble and disassemble parts and assemblies
* Experience with composite material testing
* Experience with contact and noncontact inspection methods
* Experience with data acquisition systems to record temperature, position and pressure
* Organized, self-motivated, strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple duties, set priorities and follow tasks through completion
* Capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change
* Processing techniques such as wet lay-up, mold and fixture design, inspection methods, and infusion preferred
* Experience with NADCAP quality management system preferred
* Computer software skills: SolidWorks, CATIA & Unigraphics preferred
* Experience with Minitab, Made to Manage (or other ERP systems), and nesting software preferred
* Ability to work 9/80 work schedule
* U.S. Citizenship or current Green Card status
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.