Senior Marketing Manager - Rochester, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Function Summary:
The Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for the development of company marketing programs for one or more products or business franchises. Specifically, the Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that increases market share penetration, and maximizes revenues and profits. This includes managing the marketing and business operations of designated product(s), including all distribution and factory/manufacturer relationships, sales forecasting, local market evaluation and Voice of Customer (VOC) collection, managing quality and product complaints, product promotion, and US regulatory compliance and commercialization. In addition, the Sr. Marketing Manager performs technical sales support, product advertising/promotion, pricing and lifecycle management planning, exhibit presence, competitive surveillance, multi-channel product/therapy promotion and launch planning and execution. The position may supervise lesser experienced team members.
* Contribute to the development and execution of strategic and tactical marketing plans to drive rapid US sales growth. (10%)
* Work with cross-functional teams and the US sales force to ensure marketing programs and events meet the needs of both internal and external customers. (10%)
* Interact with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, attending conference/conventions, responding to requests and explaining procedures. (10%)
* Assist in developing and identifying new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources as related to the product line. (5%)
* Develop local marketing initiatives that maximize sales force effectiveness and overall penetration of product line. (10%)
* Assist in the development and execution of promotional plans, clinical marketing presentations, tradeshow strategy, peer-to-peer programs, and general sales force support. (10%)
* Monitor costs of projects and internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports. (5%)
* Schedules human and material resources and carry out operations within an established budget and timelines. (2.5%)
* Perform upstream marketing activities, including conducting market research (VOC, focus groups, surveys, hospital visits, etc.) as needed to evaluate new products, technologies, programs, services. (2.5%)
* Acquire and applies competitive and market research data to reassess and recalibrate marketing strategies and tactics on an ongoing basis (5% )
* Manage all aspects of product lifecycle management, including leading cross functional teams (including the factories and internal support teams) to manage logistics and planning related to inventory backorders, quality actions, product launches, and discontinuations. (15%)
* Partners with the sales/customer education team to identify and execute against key training initiatives
(5 %) * Identifies and implements marketing programs that support the therapy selling initiative and drives cross-selling of multiple products within a given area, and with multiple internal and external stakeholders. (10%)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must have exemplary oral and written communication skills.
* Strong presentation skills and ability to engage and present on assigned area of responsibility.
* Ability to lead and influence others within a matrix organization.
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field.
* A minimum of 5 years of Marketing and/or Business experience preferably in the healthcare/medical device industry.
* Supervisor experience preferred.
* Build Quality into all aspects of work.
* Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to your job function).
* You must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
* Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
* Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
* Must practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (As applicable to your job function).
* If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
* Must be able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
* Must be competent with 21 CFR 820, 801, 803, 806 and any other applicable federal regulations, and Quality standards (As applicable to your job function).
* Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
* Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
The position requires about 50% overnight travel.
Internal and External Contacts/Relationships
* Field sales team and follow up with all levels of management.
* Surgical Workflows customers and other external groups.
Getinge Group is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability