Senior Materials Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Materials Engineer provides significant expertise on complex material issues used in manufacturing and production processes. Develops materials specifically designed to endure and perform in unique environments for new and existing products to customer specifications.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Participates in the material selection process, ensuring alignment with component specification requirements
* Uses significant expertise in providing complex technical support for new projects and evaluates new materials and processes
* Provides expertise in supporting manufacturing through process development and fault investigation
* Compiles material and process specifications and technical report
* Reduces costs and improves materials processes using best practices and professional knowledge
* Partners with internal departments and makes recommendations relating to material and processing issues
* Acts as a resource for colleagues; providing knowledge and a range of expertise
* Maintains project files and appropriate records of work
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* The Primary duties in this job require analysis, interpretation or deductions from facts, available information and data. Requirements involve the comparison and the evaluation of possible results or solutions after considering various possibilities and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Education: Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 5 -10 years of relevant experience
Demonstrated expertise with complex materials engineering solutions
Advanced knowledge of composite material process, manufacturing processes and obsolescence
Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
Experience in working with a development team in creating a material for a particular need
Knowledge of regulations such as REACH etc
Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.