Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHY JOIN BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION IN CALIFORNIA*
We integrate all global operations at our worldwide headquarters in Valencia, California, close to Los Angeles, close to the beach, close to the mountains, close to the desert. All the advantages of Southern California but more affordable than many other areas nearby. Looking for onsite amenities* We have an on-campus bistro, credit union, gym, and Toastmasters club. Take advantage of 360 days of sunshine a year on our basketball and volleyball courts. Join our softball and soccer teams. We even have cricket and dragon boat racing teams! We also offer numerous volunteer activities and events in the wonderful communities of Valencia and Santa Clarita. If you like to work hard and play hard, you'll fit right in. And you'll be well rewarded. Our salaries are competitive. Our benefits package is generous. And our 401K program* Forbes ranks it one of the top 10 in the country!
WHAT MAKES BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION SO SPECIAL*
We've seen the difference that neuromodulation technology such as spinal cord stimulation and deep brain stimulation can make. These breakthroughs have helped more than 400,000 people worldwide over the past four decades. But there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to be the world leader in neurological devices, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Primary job function is to research, design, and develop implantable and external medical devices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility is for the timely research, design, and development of implantable pulse generators and related external devices such as remote controls.
- Duties are focused on efficient and effective project engineering.
- Responsibilities include ownership or contributing to marketing specifications, product engineering specifications, feasibility plans/tests/reports, cost estimation/analysis, detailed mechanical engineering design, design reviews, risk analysis, hazard analysis, FMEA-design/process/use, tolerance analysis, material analysis, force analysis, stress analysis, thermal analysis, dynamic analysis, molding analysis, definition/debug/validation for manufacturing equipment/tooling/processes, engineering builds, and product verification testing.
- Responsibility may also include various sustaining engineering efforts.
- Designs delivered must meet performance, cost, and manufacturability goals.
- 5+ years' experience as a hands-on project engineer in medical device industry with responsibility for designs, materials, and/or processes on electro-mechanical implants or external devices.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Experience as a medical device project lead with design responsibility using SolidWorks 3D CAD & ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards. This may be an implant, an external body-worn, or a hand-held medical device.
- Knowledge of QSR, GLP, and relevant medical standards
- Experience in materials biocompatibility
- Various forms of analysis experience such as
- Tolerance analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Force, displacement, and stress analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Experience with Design/Process/Use FMEAs
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability
- Experience with Design Verification and Validation
- Excellent team player and individual contributor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills (Specifications, Test Plans, Test Reports, etc.).
Boston Scientific is an EOE.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Engineering