Senior Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
This is Irshad Beg from META DIMENSIONS INC. and I have an urgent position for SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER with one of my clients.
Let me know how soon we can discuss about this position and also send me an updated copy of your resume in word format and the desired Salary you are looking for yourself ASAP.
TITLE: SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
DURATION: FULL TIME
Design, test, and take into production enclosures and chassis for industrial electrical equipment up to 200 kW power. Meet size, weight, and thermal requirements. Produce, release, and update all drawings required to produce the product. Comply with standards such as UL, NEMA, IP enclosure ratings, CE Marking, EMI/EMC. Support products during production and with customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform chassis and enclosure design for industrial electrical equipment
* Prepare and release all related documents such as mechanical drawings, wire lists, BOMs, etc. in accordance with company practices
* Produce a design which meets the goals at minimum cost, is easy for the sheet-metal shop to manufacture, and easy to assemble
* Learn and work with the companies drawing control systems and ECN process
* Work with electrical engineers, manufacturing personnel, procurement personnel, and vendors
* Be familiar with requirements of certifying agencies such as UL, CE Mark, and others
* Submit designs to certifying agencies and coordinate approvals
* Provide application engineering support to Sales & Marketing
* Interpret client requirements and provide bid response in accordance with established company policies
* Participate in sales meetings between clients and Sales Department
* Provide technical support to Production for solutions to manufacturing problems
* Work with purchasing to qualify new suppliers and alternate components
* Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions for product failures
* Analyze and make disposition on rejected components and assemblies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 5years related experience with industrial electronic product design and manufacturing
* BachelorDegree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET school
* Good analytical and organization skills
* Design experience in high-power electronic assemblies and packaging
* Ability to troubleshoot and debug designs, then engineer and implement solutions.
* Familiar with MRP system, BOM constructions, ECN process, and ISO 9001:2000 Quality System
* Must be familiar with configuration control processes regarding form, fit, and function interchangeability
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills. Ability to speak languages in addition to English a plus
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
* Self-starter, able to work independently of close supervision
* Creative problem solver with balanced view to reach practical solutions
* MANDATORY COMPUTER SKILLS - Microsoft Windows, Office, and SolidWorks