Senior Mechanical Engineer - Energy Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We design things differently, reduce energy consumption and help our clients find unique solution to their problems. If you're interested in making spaces better, safer, and more energy efficient for it's occupants then take a look at our senior mechanical engineering position in Golden, CO.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
* Exercises global decision making by considering other departments within the company such as project management, sales and estimating, accounting, purchasing, etc.
* Plans for, schedules, supervises, delegates, and provides feedback to members of design and engineering team.
* Refines management skills to assess in advance the need for additional staff to complete design work on schedule.
* Coordinates with construction managers to review the project as the design develops.
* Conducts biannual goal plan reviews for all members of design team.
* Assists in planning and leading training sessions for design staff.
* Supervises construction administration activities on projects.
* Monitors project s design budgets
* Helps project managers identify potential design change orders by tracking project scope through all milestones.
* Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions and direction.
* Archives projects according to engineering administrative procedures.
* Confirms and documents existing site conditions.
* Includes existing comfort and maintenance issues
* Foresees potential future issues based on previous projects
* Proposes recommendations to optimize energy efficiency including:
* Control strategies
* Equipment replacement
* System modifications
* Implementation of innovative technologies.
* Coordinates with sales leads, cost estimators, Project Manager s and detailing on the development of design projects.
* Ability to support sales efforts and provide engineering analysis to support sales.
* Actively participates in the early phase of designs. Includes brainstorming to challenge the design concepts and develop innovative design approaches.
* Establishes and maintains design best practices including: Design Standards, Standardized Details and Standardized Materials processes.
* Develops initiatives and strategies to promote and maintain the success of the business unit.
* Completes designs with a level of quality in the design documents that leads to a minimum amount of clarification required during construction.
* Prepares design budget proposals for a variety of project types that appropriately reflect the effort required on any given project.
* Takes control and ownership of design, equipment selection, assessment of owner needs, and initiating development of an overall design plan.
* Ability to coordinate with design teams on structural architectural, civil, electrical, and energy.
* Performs a variety of early design tasks to help teams determine a preferred project direction.
* Plans, schedules, supervises and delegates to other design staff.
* Attends early meetings with owners/developers/general contractors.
* Establishes a line of communication with customers and upper management.
* Works with internal and external customers.
* Enhances departments and organizations reputations by participates in professional groups critical to the HVAC business.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Bachelor s degree in mechanical engineering or engineering required or equivalent work experience required.
* P.E. registration is required.
* Four plus years of experience in mechanical design, engineering or related field required.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
* Working knowledge of Energy model results analysis required.
* Working knowledge of Total Cost of Ownership and or Life Cycle Cost Analysis required.
* Experience in managing a design team is preferred.
* LEED AP preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Normal office working conditions.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Key words: Mechanical Design, Engineering, HVAC, Building Systems, Energy Services, consulting, AutoCAD, Revit, Modeling, Energy Calculations, Project Design, Construction, Plumbing, Piping, Scheduling