Senior Mechanical Engineer (Lead)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
Direct and guide multiple other assigned mechanical engineers in development of the opto-mechanical subsystems, covering illumination assemblies, imaging optics, auto focus, packaging of advanced imaging sensor electronics, and various supporting components.
Responsible for the entire design process, covering: requirements specifications, feasibility and concept evaluations, first order modeling, FEA, performance tradeoffs and budgeting, tolerancing, conducting design reviews, detailing and creating drawings, alignment and test procedures, tooling development, measurement setups, procuring material, bench and system builds, bench and system testing, handoff documentation for release, developing and tracking schedules.
Collaborate and interface with other teams, including program management, optical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, software, manufacturing and service teams.
* Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, machine elements, materials, and fabrication methods. Strong background in precision mechanics and mechanisms such as servo or stepper driven systems.
* Strong analytical problem solving skills in the structural, dynamic, thermal and fluid domains, and involving both first order calculations as well as FEA methods, preferably using ANSYS.
* Skilled in instrumentation and data collection and analysis, especially for thermal measurements.
* Familiarity with optical designs and performance metrics. Experienced in tolerancing and alignment of high performance optics.
* Organizational and communication skills to lead team members, generate plans and drive execution per schedule.
* Proficiency in solid CAD tools, preferably ProE/Creo.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development