Senior Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Gatos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
COMPANY: Specializes in engineering and design experience in diagnostics, life sciences and disposables
LOCATION: LOS GATOS, CA
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/Permanent & Direct hire job
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development (Mechanical Engineering)
This position will work in the R&D department in the development of new Biotech and Medical products. The main focus of this position is the advanced design and development of new products from conceptualization to transfer to manufacturing.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conceptual design of new biotech products and medical devices.
* Create original designs for new products that include mechanisms, fluid handling, thermal cycling, motion control, and disposable designs.
* Mentoring mechanical engineering staff
* Lead design reviews and give design input to Mechanical Engineering team
* Responsible for directly communicating and presenting to clients
* CAD modeling of new designs using Solidworks (or other CAD software as required by clients, i.e. Pro/Engineer)
* Conduct analysis of mechanical designs using Excel and classical analysis. Experience with structural, rotational, thermal analysis, FEA analysis and CFD is a plus.
* Work with our internal machine shop or outside suppliers to procure parts for prototypes.
* Responsible for the assembly and debug of the new designs. Support of transfer to manufacturing will be required.
* The engineering will be responsible for drawings and other design documentation.
* This person will be required to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and life scientists.