Senior Mechanical Engineer 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
Searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer3 for our Orlando, FL location.
* Prepare one-line diagrams.
* Prepare/ Review calculations for loads.
* Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
* Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
* Select and schedule equipment.
* Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
* Coordinates with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc).
* Respond to RFI's for the project, and accurately review submittals.
* Solve installation problems.
* Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize exp's and client's exposure to problems.
* Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
* Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents - and deliver appropriate documentation.
* Work with PC, PM, and Clients to meet scheduled project milestones of multiple projects.
* Manage and deliver revisions (ASI's, etc) and sketches according to proper numbering convention.
* Edit and develop scope of work narratives (SD narrative, basis of design, etc).
* Understands specific engineering requirements for applications within a market sector.
* Understand and properly provide existing exp details relevant to projects.
* Be able to direct and mentor Designer level staff on all of their responsibilities on a daily basis.
* Perform at a 'responsible charge' level of meeting exp's design and quality levels.
* QA/QC reviews of all calculations by designers, and provide guidance and mentoring.
* Determine content of drawings and specs for Designers in order to meet the scope of work.
* Develop and monitor work plans in conjunction with other PM'S.
* Review code related items with Designers, and ensure compliance.
* Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
* Write studies and reports for systems on projects.
* Writes sequences of operations for AHU's, CHW and HW systems.
* Understands and applies concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable & constant flow systems.
* Air side systems- CV, VAV, coil selection, fan selection.
* Hydronic Systems-hot, chilled condenser, steam.
* Thorough understanding of psychometrics and be able to apply to every project.
* Advanced equipment selection and analysis - chillers, boilers, air terminals, cooling towers, air valves, hepa filters, DX equipment, and water source heat pumps.
* Thorough understanding of humid climate design risks.
* Thorough understanding of total energy concepts.
THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU BRING
* Candidate should have an engineering Bachelor's degree in the field of HVAC/Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of building HVAC, plumbing and piping design experience.
* Experience in designing HVAC systems for gaming, hospitality, entertainment, healthcare or commercial projects.
* Be able to lead a team of designers or engineers.
* Registered Professional Engineer (P.E).
* REVIT MEP and Auto CAD Proficiency highly desired.