Senior Mechanical Engineer (R&D)
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Seahorse Bioscience is a part of Agilent Technologies. XF metabolic analyzers and stress test kits are the industry standard in cell metabolism measurements. Scientists worldwide are using XF technology to advance their research in understanding the role of cell metabolism in neurodegeneration, aging, cancer, cardiovascular, cell physiology, toxicology and hepatobiology, immunology, infectious diseases, mitochondrial diseases, model organisms, obesity, diabetes, metabolic disorders, screening and translational medicine. Seahorse Bioscience has its US office in Lexington, Massachusetts, U.S., and regional offices in Copenhagen, Denmark and Shanghai, China.
As a key member of our Engineering team, you will lead design, development and commercialization of analytical laboratory instruments. This position requires hands on design, analysis, and the ability to apply analytical methods to ensure design quality.
As a key member of our R&D Engineering team, you will lead design, development and commercialization of analytical laboratory instruments.
* Design and develop mechanical and electro-optical systems.
* Work as part of the development team to design, build, and validate performance of prototype systems.
* Work with the manufacturing team to transfer design to production, develop documentation, test procedures and training.
* Advance our technology through creative engineering solutions
The ideal candidate is a creative design guru with the analytical chops to solve tough system level challenges and a keen desire to develop state of the art biomedical products.
* BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
* 8+ years of relevant product development experience from concept to manufacture
* 4+ years of specific experience in designing instrumentation and/or automation products
* Mechanical systems development and laboratory instrumentation design (Solidworks preferred)
Other Preferred Experience:
* Motion control and precision mechanisms design
* Packaging and/or industrial design
* Thermal, structural or optical modeling
* Testing and experimental design
* Fluid handling or optics experience desirable
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.