Senior Medical Assistant- Cardiology Clinical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician or nurse/clinic manager.
2. Triages patient concerns on-site or via telephone/email consults.
3. Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, w8, and h8), and records information on patients` charts.
4. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the physician or nurse.
5. Records care administered according to established procedures.
6. Obtains and consults results of diagnostic testing with physician. Relays physician instructions regarding care to patients.
7. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis (if so, phlebotomy certification is required).
8. Assists physician with technical/surgical procedures in the room including preparation.
9. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
10. Follows channels of communication with co-workers for effective problem solving.
11. Serves as the lead Medical Assistant and troubleshoots the concerns of other MAs with direction from Administrator or Physician or Clinic Manager.
12. Maintain relationships within the department and multiple departments, including but not limited to cross-training with scheduling and pre-op.
13. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement and Service Pride.
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
15. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
5-8 years of experience with highly complex, chronic disease management or 5 years of highly complex experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current American Heart Association CPR certification is required Certified from an accredited program and/or Registered Medical Assistant preferred.
Patient Triaging Cognitive application of sub specialty expertise. Complex disease management
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.