Senior Mens Designer for High End Apparel Company! - Starting at $80K DOE!!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Senior Designer Reports to: Mike Ternosky
Department: Design ? Men?s Division
Categories: Knits, bottoms and fleece FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt):
Design seasonal lines of men?s knits, bottoms and fleece that speak to the brand story.
1. Research global market trends; review sales performance and representative feedback for assigned categories.
2. Shop the market, read vertical and mainstream publications, visit web sites/blogs and relevant places that core customer visits for trend direction and inspiration for assigned categories.
3. Create mood boards for contribution to inspiration meeting with Design Team.
4. Collaborate with Design Director on edit of line plan with key assortments needed for target customers, adjusting styles and costing and development of new fabrics to tell the appropriate story.
5. Design for categories of knits, bottoms, fleece, and others as needed or assigned. Sketch initial ideas and create computer flats with color ways using Illustrator and pass off to Technical Designer.
6. Develop new tee bodies, colors, washes and fabrics for blanks and printables.
7. Approve strike offs, lab dips, washes and prints within said categories.
8. Attend Proto to TOP sample fittings within given categories to ensure intention of Design Director is achieved.
9. Performs other functions as necessary or assigned
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
? Bachelor?s or Associate Arts Degree in Fashion or Textile Design
? 5 years professional experience in Apparel and Textile Design
? ? Team player and works well as a collaborative group
? Adjust to Design changes and keeps calm under pressure
? Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CS5 or CS6
? Excellent written and oral communication skills
? Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Working conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
? May be required to work more than 8 hours during work day
? Sitting for long periods of time
? Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment
? The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve and file information and lifts and carries reports and records that typically weigh less than 20 pounds. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.