Senior Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New Cumberland, PA
* Provide database administration support for all SQL Server database instances running at DLA.
* Provide assistance and expertise required to install and operate clustered SQL Server instances operating on a clustered Windows server environment and utilizing dual active cluster node configurations based on shared network storage.
* Assist with troubleshooting and resolving database problems on problems that may occur specific to the Microsoft SQL Server database technology.
* Provide knowledge transfer to government personnel and others as directed by Technology Foundation Services on all compliant SQL Server databases including administration, stored
* procedures, packages and triggers.
* Develop/maintain SQL Server database backup and recovery processes.
* Implement SQL Server high availability solutions for database systems
* The contractor shall ensure SQL database functionality for items like security cameras and security services applications that critical base services depend upon.
* Support SharePoint and CITRIX virtual desktop environments
* Keep database versions up to developed standards and correct any known security vulnerabilities, including completion of all DLA CERT taskings by the due date.
* Responsible for closing all Remedy ITSM tickets assigned by the Project Manager/Technical Lead DBA.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
* 6+ years of experience in positions supporting 24x7 operational environments.
* Some experience in senior level DBA positions responsible for planning and implementing of SQL Server to include highly available and failover configurations.
* Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing medium to large sized technology projects in support of business initiatives.
* Strong knowledge and command of Microsoft Windows operating system environments.
* Experience initiating, planning, executing, controlling and delivery of projects.
* Fully trained and industry recognized Microsoft Certified personnel experienced and familiar minimally with both Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 (or higher) operating systems, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 (or higher) database administration, Transact SQL (T-SQL) programming, database performance tuning, backup and recovery, systems analysis, security practices, clustering, and system documentation.
* EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Minimum BSdegree in IT or other related field
* MCSA (or higher) version 2008 (or higher) REQUIRED
* Security+ CE (or higher) certification REQUIRED
* SECRET Security Clearance mandatory