Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer
Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer
In this role, you will provide Windows systems administration, SQL Server, SharePoint and Active Directory support. While maintaining the security posture of the systems, you will monitor the health of the systems and be proactive of resolving issues and work with a team to mitigate and remediate security findings for the systems, applications, and networks. This position will support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division in Bethesda, MD.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
* This position is an IAT Level II (Security+ or equivalent certification)
Examples of Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft Windows Systems
* Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft SQL Server Systems
* Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft SharePoint Server Systems
* Ensure security findings are addressed
* Complete and report IAVAs
* Install updates and packages
* Provide system documentation
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Communications Management, or an equivalent technical degree from an accredited college / university
* Must possess a current MCITP-EA or MCSE CE/OS Certification
* Minimum of Five (5) years' experience supporting a Microsoft Windows Domain
* Experience with all aspects of hardware and software pertaining to Microsoft server products:
* Public Key Infrastructure
* Active Directory
* System Center
* SQL server
* Experience using Microsoft Active Directory in a multiple-site architecture
* Strong organizational, communication, and managerial skills.
* Ability to initiate and manage a project from inception to completion.
* Ability to troubleshoot problems, conduct research, learn and propose new technology solutions.
* Experience utilizing various vulnerability management tools and systems to improve security posture and reduce vulnerabilities through analysis, remediation, and mitigation
* Expert at writing SQL statements to update the database and run reports
* Experience in Systems Security, including Intrusion Detection Systems.
* Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to describe technical implementations
* Motivated, self-starter who is able to thrive in a fast, rapidly changing environment
* Desire to learn
* Ability to foster positive work relationships with customers, co-workers, and visitors
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience documenting system requirements, designs, and configurations
* Microsoft SQL 2012 experience
* Microsoft Windows 2012 server experience
* Linux (Red Hat) System Administration experience
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.