Senior Middleware Developer 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: Senior Middleware Developer
LOCATION: Downingtown, PA
TYPE:Contract - 12 Months
Partner's Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking a Senior Middleware Developer to develop a middleware tier that allows for streaming of video content to Chrome or Firefox browsers, with the source being an h.264/ AAC encoded RTSP stream.
* Adds audio capabilities and video streaming to the client product.
* Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
* Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software.
* Oversees testing and develops fixes.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related area.
* 7+ years of Software Development experience.
* Hands-on experience with video streaming development and transcoding using FFmpeg, VLC or Live555 required.
* Knowledge of HTML5-based video streaming.
* Skilled in video streaming protocols (e.g. RTSP, DASH, HLS), video codecs (e.g. h.264, VP8, VP9) and audio codecs (e.g. AAC, MP3).
* Experience with IP networking related to video streaming.
* Solid understanding of REST services.
* Axis IP video encoder or camera experience is preferred.