Senior Mobile Software Engineer - Android 8/16/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Cox Automotive, a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for the automotive industry, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with Android development experience to join our development team located North of Atlanta, GA in the Dunwoody area.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience developing Android applications.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE: Android SDK, Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Java, RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain new and existing mobile applications based on specifications
* Develop, implement and maintain unit tests
* Participate in the design of applications
* Share knowledge by documenting work
* Stay current with changes in Android and Java
* Lead code reviews
* Respond quickly to production issues and see them through to resolution
* 8+ years experience in object oriented programming (Java, C++, Objective-C, C#, or similar)
* 3+ years experience with the Android SDK
* Demonstrated experience developing mobile applications
* Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
* Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
* High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
* Must be an effective communicator
* Experience writing and/or debugging web services is a plus, but not required
* At least one publicly available application in Google Play is a plus, but not required.
* BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim , Autotrader , Kelley Blue Book , Dealertrack , vAuto , Xtime , NextGear Capital and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing