Senior P&C Claims Adjuster 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
Deliver claim adjusting services and solutions for multiple lines of business on losses involving complex coverage, liability, compensability and/or legal issues.
* Investigate coverage, liability, compensability and damages with all parties involved in a claim as requested by our customers or Crawford and Company or a subsidiary thereof.
* Investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses, establish claim reserves, handle evidence, obtain and interpret medical reports, official reports and claim forms, manages litigation, and attend/participate at mediation, trials or hearings.
* Negotiates and settles claims within client service parameters and authority levels by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants.
* Presents evidence at legal proceedings, producing reports and other documents as evidence.
* Provide filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
* Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by the client and obtained through investigation.
* Self starter capable of working alone or with others.
* May be required to work on-call during off work hours to respond to emergency on-site investigations.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education in multiple lines of business.
* Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with service standards and compliance with internal quality control initiatives.
* College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Preferred 2 years of experience in each of at least 2 lines of business handling complex claims.
* Prior multi-line experience required.
* Personal computer, typing and keyboarding skills.
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of complex commercial policy coverage investigation, liability evaluation, determination of damages or compensability investigations in multiple lines of business.
* Familiarity with legal and medical terminology within specific business lines.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Good analytical ability and mathematical aptitude.
* Good attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to gather and analyze information then determine and implement the appropriate course of action.
* Good interpersonal and sales skills.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries.
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career.
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k, health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.