Senior NEPA Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Navarro Research and Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONNavarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior NEPA Specialist in Westminster, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Review and evaluate proposed actions in accordance with Department of Energy National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulations and other environmental laws
- Complete appropriate NEPA review documentation based on the level of evaluation required.
- Coordinate internal reviews, final document production, and submittals.
- Prepare for and attend NEPA team and other types of meetings.
- Provide support to the DOE NEPA Compliance officer and complete assigned programmatic work tasks.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets on a weekly basis and report accomplishments on a quarterly basis.
- Complete periodic training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience related to NEPA compliance.
- Preparation of documentation compliant with the NEPA to include environmental checklists for Categorical Exclusions (CXs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
- Experience coordinating NEPA teams and document preparation (developing schedules, resources assignments, client interaction, evaluating project scope and public interest).
- Experience working with DOE NEPA requirements preferred but other federal agency NEPA experience desired as well.
- Prefer working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems, RCRA, CWA, UMTRCA, and other key topics as Natural Resources and Cultural Resources.
- Skills and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.