Senior Naval Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Senior Naval Architect. The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Design, develop, and evaluate the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery, and related equipment, such as power supply and propulsion systems.
* Support the US Coast Guard reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components. Perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects.
* Conduct naval architecture analysis as they relate to vessels.
* Conduct stability analyses of ships.
* Design complete hull and superstructure according to specifications and test data, in conformity with standards of safety, efficiency, and economy.
* Study design proposals and specifications to establish basic characteristics of craft, such as size, weight, speed, propulsion, displacement, and draft.
* Oversee construction and testing of prototype in model basin and develop sectional and waterline curves of hull to establish center of gravity, ideal hull form, and buoyancy and stability data.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: A Bachelor's Diploma/Degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering plus ten (10) years of relevant experience; or HS Diploma plus eighteen (18) years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Five (5) years of progressive experience involving, ship feasibility, concept, preliminary and contract design, design integration, stability analysis, structural analysis, hydrodynamic and sea keeping analysis and vessel arrangements.
* Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with shipbuilding acquisition.
* Minimum of one (1) year demonstrated experience supporting a major system acquisition program (DHS/USCG Level I, DoD ACAT I or equivalent).
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.