Senior Network Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Network Administrator will participate in a major effort to tech refresh and re-engineer core infrastructure of the Marine Corps Enterprise Network. For a network of over 100,000 users, the Network Engineer will support requirements definition, design, procurement, and integration of the enterprise wide solution.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design end to end solutions, through requirements gathering, architecting, prototyping, integrating, testing and delivering of virtual and physical network infrastructure and services at the enterprise level
* Provide engineering rigor to design, validate, document, procure, and test network and server infrastructure components for complex applications that support functionality to 100,000+ users
* Provide enterprise level support to develop and analyze system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize network performance
* Conduct capacity planning reviews with geographically distributed stakeholders to establish resource requirements
* Develop and document network provisioning requirements and policies in SharePoint
* Define WAN/LAN hardware and software configurations that meet Joint Information Environment (JIE) specifications
* Be able to interact well with customers and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
* Be available for minimal travel as necessary
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Five to eight (5-8) year's related experience in Information Systems, Information Technology, Communications Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related area or occupational field
* Experience with designing and relocating data centers, WAN optimization, DRP/BCP, along with the full suite of Microsoft and Cisco products
* Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study preferred, not required
* Security+ and OS training/certification, or ability to obtain within six (6) months of start date, to comply with DoD 8570 requirements mandatorY
* Any of the following certifications are a plus, but not required: CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, JCIA, JNCIS, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, VCP
This position requires a DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain an interim clearance leading to a Secret clearance prior to start date. Applicants with an active Secret clearance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled