Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONLife Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
Senior Network Engineer
In this role, you will plan, design, engineer, install, maintain, and monitor teleconferencing, network communication devices, and associated elements that support core network functions and services at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division in Bethesda, MD. These services include Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls, Cisco Access Control Server (Client), Cisco Identity Services Engine (Client), Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco SourceFire Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Zebra Technologies' AirDefense Wireless Intrusion Detection and Prevention System.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance
* Must be IAT Level III compliant (CISSP or equivalent)
Examples of Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Plans and directs tasks
* Determines resource requirements and costs
* Delegate and assign work to team members
* Monitors progress of tasks and prepares progress reports
* Reviews products before they are delivered
* Manages network designs, installations, implementation of standards, and conversion and migration methodologies to enhance network technologies
* Resolves complex problems that impact system availability
* Monitors network performance and recommending improvements
* Supports delivery, installation, and configuration of hardware and software
* Documents results, including strengths, issues, and lessons learned
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Communications Management, or an equivalent technical degree from an accredited college / university
* Must possess a current CCNP certification
* Minimum of five (5) years of networking experience, three (3) of which should include experience with Cisco products in an Ethernet environment
* Experience with hardware and software products in particular:
* Cisco switches and routers
* Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls
* COMSEC equipment
* Ethernet 10BaseT and Gigabit
* Fiber Optics
* Testing and repair
* Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to describe technical implementations
* Organize work activities to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities
* Create/describe work activity estimates, progress and issues
* Motivated, self-starter who is able to thrive in a fast, rapidly changing environment
* Desire to learn
* Foster positive work relationships with customers, co-workers, and visitors
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience documenting system requirements, designs, and configurations
* Experience working in a DoD environment
* Possess and maintain a Driver's License for potential operation of low-speed Government furnished equipment (utility cart)
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.