Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Safran Morpho Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, and monitor LAN/WAN. Perform a variety of documentation, maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
The ability to work independently through defined methodologies, seek out the appropriate resources when necessary, and problem solve are critical success factors in this role.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Administer network operations.
* Based on a standards & best practices approach - evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
* Investigate user network problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
* Maintain network licenses for department/organization.
* Design, plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans.
* Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties. Track statistics on such events and look to isolate and resolve root cause. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
* Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
* Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
* Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
* Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability/transparency.
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
* Fully document network design.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS. Master s degree preferred.
* 10+ years progressive experience with at least 3-5 focused on design and / or architecture experience w/lower tier focus (ex: servers, network, storage, mid-tier applications).
* Experience with Fortinet
* A strong proven working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems (2000/2003/2008), desktop operating systems (XP/Vista) and a demonstrated working knowledge of server applications (Microsoft 2000/exchange/active directory/DNS/FTP/Web servers).
* 2-3 years Active Directory design, configuration & troubleshooting experience. MCSC preferred.
* Knowledge of RedHat Linux, VMWare/Hyper-V administration is preferred.
* Solar Winds design & operational experience, 1-3 years.
* 1-3 years experience using Microsoft MoM
* Strong logical network experience (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP). Enterprise level knowledge of distributed computing concepts including principles of network routing/switching on a global basis.
* Mac OS a strong plus.
* Must have proven network experience in global, geographically distributed firms in excess of 500 employees.
* PMP certification a strong plus:
* Progressive experience in managing projects/programs through a structured methodology while achieving results, on-time and within budget.
The successful candidate will be able to perform in a fast paced, high energy environment; be able to work independently with all levels of employees within an organization, well organized and detail oriented, have outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, presentation). S/he should be a strategic thinking yet balance that capability with operational implementation.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirement, such as;
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Working Conditions, such as:
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenships
MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.