Senior Network Engineer (Cisco SME)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer (Cisco SME) to support an important government customer in Arlington, VA & Alexandria, VA. This is a 5 month assignment to relocate a data center.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Public Trust Agency Clearance
The role is to ensure the stability and integrity of the network, including data wired and wireless network services.
Responsible for designing and configuring of the network infrastructure components for optimal performance.
Perform a wide variety of evaluations of the network and infrastructure, and be able to engage in maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of the environment, to optimize performance and meet daily requirements.
Extensive experience with the setup and maintenance of VPN tunnels, VLAN configurations, data circuits, wireless network configurations, IPv6 and IPv4 (including complex sub-netting) and network security (Cisco ASA Firewalls, ACLs, IPsec, and other encryption methodologies).
The candidate will be able to interface with the federal client and colleagues, and be able to evaluate and recommend new products and services as the needs arise. On-call, weekend and evening work is a requirement.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
* 12+ years of experience with enterprise class Cisco routers and switches
* Advanced troubleshooting skills, including the ability to capture and analyst packet level data (i.e. Wireshark PCAPS), and must be an expert with network systems management monitoring tools such as the latest version of Prime and SolarWinds.
* Knowledge of switching, routing, wireless access and security.
* Advanced understanding of TCP/IP including layer 2/3 VLANs and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
* Experience with VPN's and other remote access applications
* Experience deploying IPv6
* Knowledge with Cisco ISE configuration and troubleshooting
* Ability to integrate Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) for BYOD
* Familiar with integrating Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) for VPN Posturing
* Knowledgeable with ISE and 802.1x authentication
* Ability to gather requirements and develop solutions for upgrades and new systems to meet the needs of the users.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records, including monthly reports.
* Experience with network hardware including: CISCO ISR and ASR routers; Nexus switches, Catalyst 6800 and 4500 switches, CISCO ASA firewalls and wireless controller.
* Experience with designing and deploying infrastructure at large scale.
* Experience with large scale site migrations (Infrastructure, applications and systems).
* Cloud experience is highly desirable
* Experience with Cisco ACI and UCS
* Self-starting individual and work on both short and long term projects with minimal supervision
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and delivering technical solutions
* Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to interface with customer and end users.
* Must have experience leading, mentoring and supporting junior networking professionals.
* Knowledge of Cisco IP telephony and video solutions is desired.
Education & Training:
* CCNP, CCNP Security, CCDP or CCIE certifications
* Preferred, ITIL/ITSM
Travel Requirement: There will be traveling between the Arlington and Alexandria locations.
On-call, weekend and evening work is a requirement.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.