Senior Network Engineer 9/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) helps companies around the world design, build and manage their wired and wireless networks. Our network infrastructure solutions help customers increase bandwidth; maximize existing capacity; improve network performance and availability; increase energy efficiency; and simplify technology migration. You will find our solutions in the largest buildings, venues and outdoor spaces; in data centers and buildings of all shapes, sizes and complexity; at wireless cell sites and in cable headends; and in airports, trains, and tunnels. Vital networks around the world run on CommScope solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER for an opportunity located in HICKORY, NC, RICHARDSON, TX, JOLIET, IL OR SHAKOPEE, MN WITH HICKORY, NC BEING THE PREFERRED LOCATION.
Design, develop, plan, implement, document, and administer network technologies to deliver global data, voice, and video services and solutions to Company users and authorized third-parties. This includes developing, maintaining, administering, supporting and optimizing the network infrastructure and any supporting systems. The NetworkEngineer will also be responsible for tracking, detailing, and remediating network infrastructure-related issues assigned through the Incident and Change Management processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Manage project initiatives, create project and implementation plans. Communicate with and coordinate internal and external project resources as needed.
* Manage implementation of networking solutions as assigned.
* Manage engineering of end to end data center solutions that take into account several different networking technologies.
* Work with IT and business stakeholders to understand needs and implement solutions based on defined requirements.
* Use defined processes to manage all change management activities associated with the network infrastructure including communications, approvals, procedural documentation, and production acceptance.
* Perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting and remediation of network events as assigned and conduct all necessary follow-up actions based on assignments.
* Take the lead in responding to network incidents and change requests.
* Coordinate resolution efforts and prepare reports of findings.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings i.e. DNS, Routing, NAT, web traffic, and email traffic.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Wide Area and Local Area Networking.
* Work closely with other team members to meet team goals and improve processes.
* Provide mentoring to team members.
* Create network documentation and network standards documents as assigned.
* Recommend changes to policies, procedures, and standards and ensures conformance with IT and Company objectives. Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
* Assists in the recommendation and acquisition of new solutions and equipment.
* Assist in developing and enhancing cooperative interdepartmental and business relationships and communications.
* Assists with establishing budgetary requirements for equipment and services
* Takes personal responsibility for making meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
* A completed Bachelor's Degree and 10years total relevant experience or Master's degree and 5years total relevant experience required.
* 5 to 7years in designing, planning, and implementation of data center infrastructure using Cisco technologies (Nexus, ASR, ISR and legacy solutions)
* 5 to 7years in designing, planning, and implementation of WAN solutions
* BGP and EIGRP experience is required.
* Knowledge of VoIP network deployments to include QOS and other traffic shaping practices
* Strong working knowledge of wireless solutions
* Knowledge of security solutions preferred (VPN, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, TACACS, Radius)
* Experience with load balancing solutions is preferred - F5 is a plus
* Advanced certification (CCNP, CCIE) in the following is highly desired-Cisco router, switches, firewalls.
* Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, GRE, HSRP/VRRP,SNMP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, T1, DS3, DNS, etc.
* Good understanding of MPLS, VPLS, OTV technology.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills to facilitate interactions with business clients and members of other technology teams
* Ability to communicate, and present verbally and written, with a high level of confidence and skill.
* Experience with current networking best practices in IT standards and principles.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience with packet capture, e.g., Wireshark, and log analysis products
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Commitment to keep up-to-date with IT trends and developments
* Incumbent may be required to be available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.