Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Our CT team is growing and looking to hire in a multi-faceted high-end senior networking individual that will be servicing our customers on a daily basis. In this role you will be managing small to large *projects* independently and responsible for projects/moves, adds, changes, along with repairs at multiple customer sites. The optimal candidate will be a senior-level network engineer with extensive security experience and strong routing/switching skills.
* Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data/security networks
* Working with the engineering team to successfully implement secure network solutions
* LAN routing and switching configuration and deployment in medium to very large environments
* Provide network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of data and secure networking environments
* Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of secure data communications networks
* Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
* Performs assessments of client environments and develops detailed documentation including deliverable reports and summary presentations based on industry and vendor best practices
Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support with at least four (4) or more of the following:
* Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Juniper/HP a plus)
* Advanced Nexus/ASR experience strongly desired - OTV, FabricPath, LISP
* Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco is a must, Palo Alto/Juniper/Check Point are a plus)
* Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Citrix)
* Software Defined WAN (Cisco IWAN, Meraki IWAN, Riverbed)
* Software Defined Networking (Cisco ACI and/or VMware NSX)
* Cloud Provider Exposure (AWS, Azure, VCloud Air)
* Network Monitoring and Management Tools (Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, Infoblox, Riverbed, LiveAction, Splunk, ect.)
* Enterprise Wireless solutions (Cisco is a must, other wireless solutions Aruba, Meraki, Aerohive, ect a plus)
* Network Access Control and Authentication systems, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Access Control Server (ACS), Microsoft IAS or NPS, RSA Authentication Manager/VIA implementation design, configuration, and deployment
* 8+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
* BS in CS or EE or 8-10 years related experience
* CCIE R&S or Security Preferred
* CCNP- REQUIRED
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.