Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOptomi, in partnership with an industry leader for data center equipment and technologies, is seeking a Senior NetworkEngineer for their Hickory, NC location!
The Senior NetworkEngineer is responsible for providing technical leadership for ongoing enhancement of the standards and specifications of the company's network to global data, voice, and video services.
WHAT THE RIGHT PROFESSIONAL WILL ENJOY!
* Work with the latest & greatest Cisco Networking Technology (ASR 9k's, Nexus 9k's, 7k's, 5k's, IPv6, Ipv4 etc.)
* A Global, established company providing broadband, enterprise, and wireless infrastructure solutions.
* Company paid for travel, accommodations and meals!
* Strong team camaraderie and corporate culture dedicated to it's values!
APPLY TODAY IF YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES!
* 5+ years of professional NetworkEngineering experience
* Expert level skills with routing & switching specifically in BGP, EIGRP & MPLS
* CCNP certifications or equivalent work experience
* Expert level skills in Cisco iOS, Nexus NX-OS and/or ASR iOS-XR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage project initiatives, create project and implementation plans. Communicate with and coordinate internal and external project resources as needed.
* Manage implementation of networking solutions as assigned.
* Manage engineering of end to end data center solutions that take into account several different networking technologies.
* Work with IT and business stakeholders to understand needs and implement solutions based on defined requirements.
* Use defined processes to manage all change management activities associated with the network infrastructure including communications, approvals, procedural documentation, and production acceptance.
* Perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting and remediation of network events as assigned and conduct all necessary follow-up actions based on assignments.
* Take the lead in responding to network incidents and change requests.
* Coordinate resolution efforts and prepare reports of findings.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings i.e. DNS, Routing, NAT, web traffic, and email traffic.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Wide Area and Local Area Networking.
* Work closely with other team members to meet team goals and improve processes.
* Provide mentoring to team members.
* Create network documentation and network standards documents as assigned.
* Recommend changes to policies, procedures, and standards and ensures conformance with IT and Company objectives. Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
* Assists in the recommendation and acquisition of new solutions and equipment.
* Assist in developing and enhancing cooperative interdepartmental and business relationships and communications.
* Assists with establishing budgetary requirements for equipment and services
* Takes personal responsibility for making meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
* A completed Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related curriculum with 8-12years of related experience or Master's degree with 5-8years of related experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in designing, planning, and implementation of data center infrastructure using Cisco technologies (Nexus, ASR, ISR and legacy solutions)
* Demonstrated experience in designing, planning, and implementation of WAN solutions
* BGP and EIGRP experience is required.
* Knowledge of VoIP network deployments to include QOS and other traffic shaping practices
* Strong working knowledge of wireless solutions
* Knowledge of security solutions preferred (VPN, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, TACACS, Radius)
* Experience with load balancing solutions is preferred - F5 is a plus
* Advanced certification (CCNP, CCIE) in the following is highly desired-Cisco router, switches, firewalls.
* Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, T1, DS3, DNS, etc.
* Good understanding of MPLS, VPLS, OTV technology.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills to facilitate interactions with business clients and members of other technology teams
* Ability to communicate, and present verbally and written, with a high level of confidence and skill.
* Experience with current networking best practices in IT standards and principles.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience with packet capture, e.g., Wireshark, and log analysis products
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Commitment to keep up-to-date with IT trends and development