- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer designs and maintains DoD computer systems and networks with cyber concepts in mind to verify the DoD customers operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external threats. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining a DoD network that is a multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade). Candidate will be responsible for working closely with end users to properly design the network for very specific software functionality needed (i.e. multicast, broadcast, etc..) Candidate will maintain system security status and ensures compliance to security policies, procedures and standards with regards to the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Primary Objectives of the Network Engineer:
- Design, implement, and maintain DoD network multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Designs and recommends security policies and procedures.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains networks/systems according to DoD and industry security best practices.
- Reviews network/system configurations to ensure compliance with security requirements.
- Provide network/system vulnerability scanning via HBSS and ACAS.
- Investigates security violations and recommends solutions.
- Performs handling/tracking of COMSEC material.
- Provides reports to internal and external customers in response to queries and requests.
- Consults on tasks, provides leadership and guidance for others.
- Gives recommendations for product upgrades, patches, and general security measures.
Must have active DoD Secret clearance.
Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance.
Bachelor s degree and ten (10) years of relevant experience or sixteen (16) years of relevant experience required.
Experience working with system/network vulnerability scanning tools required.
Must meet DoD 8570.01 requirements.
Experience designing, implementing, and maintain DoD network in a multi-vendor environment.
Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), or Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA-Junos) is a plus.
I3 is an EOE/Vets/Disabilities