Senior Network Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Responsible for design and implementation of enterprise network and associated security infrastructure supporting all areas of 7-Eleven's business.
* Plan, design, implement and optimize the 7-Eleven network infrastructure in support of all data enter, store, field office and partner connectivity requirements.
* Will form and follow a standards based architecture and design philosophy to assure the overall health, security and scalability of the network infrastructure.
* Work with 7-Eleven business units to understand their IT requirements and develop solutions.
* Will provide an technical analysis of their requirements in an effort to properly scope projects across the network life-cycle including cost estimates.
* Work collaboratively with other SME's and team members on project solutions.
* Works in collaboration with operations manager to communicate and resolve both technical and support issues.
* Produce engineering and installation plans to support new initiatives as well as prepare reports and documentation on the existing network configuration as required.
* Participate in 7x24x365 on-call operations for network infrastructure.
* Pro-actively monitor, measure and report on the health and scalability of the network infrastructure.
* Will communicate to management as network usage approaches design thresh-holds and takes action to preempt service degradation.
* Education: High School + Equivalent Experience or Bachelor/4 Year Degree
* Experience: 10 years of Network, telecommunications and Network Security.
* 8+ years of detailed knowledge and experience with complex network and security design for large enterprise environments.
* 8+ years of TCP/IP network administration experience.
* Specific technologies include Cisco and Juniper switches and routers, Juniper/Netscreen security solutions, and wireless infrastructure.
* 8+ years of experience administering BGP an OSPF routing protocols.
* 7+ years of security infrastructure support including firewall configuration and deep packet inspection and IPSEC VPN's.
* 8+ years of experience performing in depth network, system and application performance troubleshooting and protocol analysis.
* 5+ years of experience working in a large enterprise (Fortune 1000) environment.
* Previous experience working for a large retailer is a plus.