Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
North Bergen, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer role, reporting to the Manager of Global Enterprise Networks, is responsible for the deployment, operations, and support of Equinix s global enterprise networks.
* Install, configure, and maintain networking equipment and services to support the global enterprise WAN & LAN environments.
* Work with various departments within the CTO and CIO organizations on current initiatives and challenges, as well as provide input on the current and future architecture of the enterprise network while taking in requirements from stakeholders in various internal organizations
* Manage several high profile enterprise network related projects at a given time
* Manage workflow closely with a variety of different level support personnel in the process of providing network support
* Participate in 7 x 24 on-call support rotation to provide escalation support for network problems and customer issues
* Identify operational issues and suggest design alterations to address these issues
* Understand technical issues and the implications to the business, and be able to communicate them with other operation departments within the business
* Perform detailed, post event analysis of unusual events, and carry out needed procedure or process changes in response
* Generate and update documentation on operational procedures and network topologies
* Provide mentorship to junior and mid-level engineers
* 12+ years of network operations and engineering experience.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
* 3 or more years of architectural design experience in an enterprise and data center environment.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to understand high-level network design and impacts across the infrastructure relating to underlying hardware and software selection
* Ability to work independently on complex and unique enterprise engineering projects
* Strong expertise with BGP, OSPF, and related routing protocols
* Expertise with STP, Virtual LANs and Trunking (802.1q), and how to properly implement these technologies
* Expertise with the implementation of network security (ACLs, IPSec Tunnels) - Ability to devise and enforce network security policy while balancing the needs of a diverse and dynamic business
* Ability to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of routed IP network infrastructure and long-haul WAN circuits.
* Strong expertise with Juniper networking equipment (MX, EX, SRX series)
* After hours support, occasional travel to various IBX s throughout the globe, and participation in an on-call support rotation
* Experience with major hardware vendors and platforms, including Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto Networks
* Experience supporting enterprise wireless network deployments (Meru, Cisco Meraki experience a plus)
* Experience managing a global video teleconferencing system (Cisco TelePresence a plus)
* Experience with network protocol analyzers such as tcpdump or Wireshark
* Strong communication skills
* Advanced technical certifications (i.e. CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP) desired
* Ability to:
Be a self-starter
Analyze and troubleshoot methodically
Know when to escalate
Write clear documentation
Lift 50 lbs over head