Senior Network Engineer 8/26/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The qualified candidate will possess 8 years of experience in three major areas, including: Cisco Network Engineer, Palo Alto, and Cisco ASA.
Designs, installs and configures network/security infrastructure and the NMS/monitoring tools; including the core network switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS), VPN concentrators, configuration management, and network performance management.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design, document, implement, monitor, diagnose, and correct problems in a mixed-vendor LAN/WAN network
* Implement, monitor, and maintain network security devices such as firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPN concentrators
* Manage and maintain the operability of LAN/WAN environment including Cisco routers, Palo Alto firewalls, and other peripheral networking gear
* Perform maintenance for network equipment. Maintenance includes deploying patches and upgrading software to the next approved version
* DNS, Load Balancers, and Wireless
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting firewall, router and switch problems.
* Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
* Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
* Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
* Provides network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
* Remain current on emerging technologies
* Monitors Network for usage anticipate and identify problems suggest solutions
* Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems
* Perform other tasks as requested by the IT Director
BA or BS in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience 5 years' minimum experience working in a Network Engineer role
Intermediate to expert understanding of firewall configurations and maintenance, experience with Cisco and Palo Alto equipment preferred
Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting and supporting
* Palo Alto Firewalls
* Cisco Nexus Platform
* Cisco Routers and Switches
* Cisco Wireless
* Cisco ASA for VPN
* Cisco ISE
* Riverbed WAN Optimization
* Solarwinds Network Monitoring tools
* Infoblox DNS
* F5 Load Balancer
General understanding of VoIP equipment and operation including Cisco Call Manager
Understanding and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication and authorization technology
Hands on experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, VPN. WebVPN, Anyconnect, DMVPN etc.)
Ability to learn quickly new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources