Systems Infrastructure Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Firm - Philadelphia
If your objective is to work for an organization that utilizes state-of-the-art technology in a collaborative work environment, then Morgan Lewis deserves your consideration. With 28 offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia, Morgan Lewis provides comprehensive transactional, litigation, labor and employment, regulatory and intellectual property legal services to clients of all sizes from global Fortune 100 companies to just-conceived startups across all major industries. We are proud of our reputation for IT excellence and ability to deliver innovative, business differentiating results. Our dynamic, supportive and collegial work environment attracts the best IT professionals.
The Information Technology department at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer) to join their Technology and Infrastructure Services department resident in the Philadelphia office. The Senior Network Engineer reports to the Manager of IT Infrastructure Engineering and is part of our Architecture & Engineering group, which is responsible for Systems Infrastructure Engineering, Enterprise Storage, Virtualization Solutions, Directory Services, IDM, and Messaging Services. Additionally, this position will have a direct relationship with the eData technical team and the Director of eData Operations. In this role, the Senior Network Engineer, will provide primary support for the storage and virtualization eData environments. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
* Possesses in-depth working knowledge of:
Virtualization technologies, architectures and solutions: VMware ESX, vSphere, vCOPS, vCenter SRM and vCloud
Server hardware and operating systems: HP Blade Systems / Servers and Windows Server OS
SAN / NAS storage platforms: HP 3PAR, HP LeftHand,
Disaster Recovery and High Availability concepts
Data security architectures and solutions.
* Works with a global engineering team in implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure design and capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Conducts research and make recommendations on products, services, technology, and standards in support of all Infrastructure Engineering team related procurement and development efforts.
* Designs and develops technical standards for deployment across multiple systems and technologies.
* Provides technical guidance and project management for large-scale domestic and international projects including application tuning and planning.
* Maintains current knowledge of new operating systems, hardware, software and tools.
* Works with other teams in the development, implementation, testing, and rollout of new hardware, software, and applications serving the Firm's business needs.
* Provides Tier II support by responding to customer requests, incidents and problems related to our server and storage subsystems.
* Implements configuration changes necessary to support new functionality and bug/issue fixes within the infrastructure.
* Interacts with all levels of personnel and outside vendors in order to provide effective operational management functions.
* Assists the team lead in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures. Supports and takes all necessary and approved actions to achieve departmental goals and objectives, recognizing and identifying issues and problems and recommending solutions.
* Leads / participates in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
* Provides after-hours support as needed to address incidents and to maintain systems, support operational efforts and implement changes that would otherwise create business impact.
* Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge. Appropriate certifications preferred;
* 10+ years of related experience in an IT Operations, System Administration/Engineering or Infrastructure role and must possess proficiencies in core systems as described above;
* Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users;
* Possesses well-developed technical documentation, technical project management and facilitation skills;
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner;
* Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm;
* Ability to travel (limited) to the Firm s other offices as necessary.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.