Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Senior Network Engineers are hands-on, technically-skilled, experienced professionals who perform detailed designs, project oversight and implementation of network-based solutions we provide to our clients. The senior network engineer will be expected to work directly with customers in all aspects of project deployment from design through testing, deployment and final deliverables. These engineers are also responsible for mentoring and performing peer-reviews for more junior engineers. Candidates must be well versed in routing and be able to work in multi-protocol environments including ERIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Engineers must be equally adept at Layer 2 environments in both campus and Data Center switching. They will be expected to troubleshoot these environments and technologies when required and solve issues in a timely manner. The candidate must be equally able to work in WAN environments and be experienced working with carriers. Candidates must possess strong communications skills and be able to work individually as well as in a team environment. Specific responsibilities include:
* Leading complex, large scale network implementation projects including LAN, WAN and Data Center architectures
* Implementation, Planning and Design to ensure low-risk, trouble-free technology migrations and implementations
* Staging of Cisco Routing, Switching and Security products during pre-production
* Planning upgrades and migrations
* Technical troubleshooting and issue resolution
* Responsibility for guiding junior engineers
* Work with engineers on build phases to assure the solution matches what was designed
* Producing Project Documentation for:
* Detailed Designs
* Testing and Migration Plans
* Final as-built documentation
* Administrative Training
* Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
* Working closely with project management to ensure engagements finish on time and within scope
* Five to ten years of hands-on experience in Cisco networking technologies including standard Cisco Routers and Switches (Catalyst and Nexus). These skills include:
* Routing protocols and redistribution
* Campus and Data Center deployments
* Multicast is a plus
* Must be adept at design and deployment of WAN architectures
* Private WAN
* Internet and DMZ design
* Must have a working knowledge of Cisco Security products operation and configuration.
* Cisco ASA
* Excellent technology implementation and planning skills
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* A positive, customer-oriented can do attitude
* The candidate must have a minimum CCNP.
* CCIE is highly desirable
* Must have a design level understanding of routing protocols
* Design, Configuration and Deployment of any of the following:
* Cisco ISE
* Palo Alto products
* F5 Load Balancers
* Cisco AMP
* RSA Token and authentication products
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.