Senior Network Engineer 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, team player and leader in Information Technology to join our team for the role of SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER.
The Senior NetworkEngineer will provide close coordination with and across multiple engineering, operations, and policy organizations within the supported agency to ensure networkarchitecture, design, engineering, and security services are optimized for both legacy and new technologies. Will also support our government customers in the Federal Civilian, Department ofDefense, and/or the Intelligence Community with the planning, evaluation, and implementation of critical networkinfrastructure systems including legacy technology optimization, requirement gathering, new system selection, integration, design, alternative recommendations, costing and scheduling.
* Qualified candidate must have 5+ years' experience with network design and strategic network planning.
* Strong technical knowledge of: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, LAN/WAN QoS, Nexus, VPC, and networkvirtualization.
* Must have experience in F5
* Must understand the difference between layer 2 and layer 3.
* Must have knowledge of layer 2networks, VLAN tagging, QoS concepts.
* Bachelor's degree and 8+ years' experience in investigating, deploying, and optimizing LAN/WAN/Wireless technologiesrequired, Master's degreepreferred.
* Strong working knowledge of network management/analysis tools and operating systems required.
* Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design, and implementation of customer services and network optimization on transport and IP based networks coupled with a strong background in network administration and Internet technologies.
* The candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and writing skills.
* Candidates with a knowledge of one or more of the following is strongly preferred: WLC, load balancers, firewalls, MPLS, IPv6, 6500 VSS, multicast, IP Telephony, and PfR.
* CCDP certification preferred; CCIE or CCDE is a STRONG plus.
* Experience with Internet optimization technologies and congestion management systems.
* Expertise with traffic engineering and network modeling.
* Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols using network traces or sniffer captures.
* Technical knowledge of cloud technologies, products and services including their integration into enterprise networkarchitectures.
* Knowledge of all wireless telecommunication technologies (Fix Mobile Convergence, WiFi, WiMax, LTE, CDMA, GSM).
* In-depth knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac protocols.
* Knowledge of the market place with respect to both indoor and outdoor wireless 802.11 products.
* Experience in configuring Ethernetswitches and related equipment to implement a taggednetwork.
* Technical familiarity with Fiber Optic networks.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information SecurityAuditor (CISA) or equivalent.
* Technical knowledge of networksecurityinfrastructure, process and procedures including firewalls, content filters, IDS/IPS systems, etc.
* Working Knowledge of advanced securitythreats for cloud and virtualized environments.
* Softwareengineering tools that support IA and C&A needs such as requirements traceability, use-based design, security tests, and system build processes.
* Operational security management and maintenance of government systems.
* Candidates with demonstrated project management skills and experience managing projects with federal IA/C&A environments and operations are strongly preferred.
_SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9:2008 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customer's technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget._
_SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce to complete any mission -- anytime, anywhere. It's what we call Agency Anywhere(R). SkyePoint Decisions delivers Agency Anywhere(R) by tightly integrating our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, remote access, collaboration, system & network optimization, device management and more) to provide our customer's operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today's on-the-go federal workforce to successfully and securely complete any mission - anytime, anywhere._
_SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions._