Senior Nursing Director - Case Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Case Management reports to the Vice President, Patient Care Services. This position is responsible for the overall direction, leadership, coordination, integration and evaluation of the Department of Case Management. All activities are accomplished in accordance with the mission, goals and objective of Beth Israel Deaconess Medial Center.
* Responsible for the design, development, implementation, operation and improvement of the Case Management program. Recruits, assigns, develops, and manages Case Management staff. Understands and overcomes operational barriers to the provision of cost-effective care across the continuum.
* Coordinates with the Physician Director to ensure appropriate collaboration among physicians and all members of the healthcare team to provide high quality outcomes for patients through utilization of the least restrictive, most cost-effective setting. Encourages collaborative collegial approaches to the case management process among hospital case managers, medical center staff, and 3rd parties.
* Works collaboratively with medical staff and nursing leadership to achieve clinical and process improvement. Promotes the Case Management Program's visibility and accountability throughout the medical center. Provides ongoing education about medical management and case management.
* Participates in capacity management and prioritize case management work based on medical center's capacity needs. Evaluates, recognizes, and utilizes providers who stay current within mandated and recommended guidelines.
* Provides oversight to onsite liaisons (i.e. Apria, CareGroup Homecare, and VNA of Boston), health plan nurses, and facility screeners. This includes ensuring completion of the hospital privileging and credentialing process where applicable.
* Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* Associate's degree required in Nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred in Nursing
* License required: Nursing License
* 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Five years acute care clinical nursing experience.
* Five years of experience in case management and extensive knowledge of payer mechanisms and clinical utilization management.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* A health related Master's degree, and eligibility and willingness to attain Case Management certification.
* Experience in post acute rehab, SNF, or home health care.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf