Senior Occupancy Planner 9/7/2016
HOK Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
HOK is currently seeking a SENIOR OCCUPANCY PLANNER to work at out client site in BOSTON. We are seeking space planners or interior designers with strong analytic skills who have experience interfacing with the client.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Builds and maintains a strong relationship with key client contacts.
* Creates and develops occupancy plans for the client, demonstrating a keen ability to collect information and translate it into a comprehensive real estate plan.
* Performs more complex analysis tasks and comprehensive analysis tasks and comprehensive facility planning (e.g. opportunity analysis, options development, option evaluation, pro/con comparison, makes recommendations) with some guidance.
* Able to produce high quality planning deliverables (Planning Recommendation / Planning Brief) with little guidance.
* Conducts executive level interviews/presentations.
* Makes management level presentations that achieve desired outcomes and client confidence.
* Mediates meetings; guiding toward consensus and future steps.
* Organizes project approaches, leads meetings with client representatives and service providers.
* Provides conflict resolution/negotiation locally with the client s occupants as required.
* Maintains an understanding of local business character and evolutionary needs.
* Manages the move migration for occupancy projects.
* Maintains high level of accuracy for all occupancy data in assigned portfolio.
* Ensures planning deliverables provided meet client expectations.
* Resolves responsibility issues with client, and other service providers, with guidance.
* Administer Occupancy Data collection studies - DIL, NOW. AWS. Badge access.
* Knows and understands client specific service delivery work processes and responsibility distribution.
* Graphic abilities - Generates program test fits in accordance to established parameters.
* Seeks opportunities to share knowledge and skills with others.
* Know, and understand, OSS marketing strategies; and able to communicate services in an informative manner.
* Travel may be required.
* Overtime may be required.
* The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, some individuals may be asked to assume the additional responsibilities of a Project Manager for an account. Typical responsibilities:
* Functions as the clients Single Point of Contact for the HOK OSS on site team.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Ensures all contracted services are delivered; assuring service provided and deliverable quality meet client expectations.
* Organizes and coordinates project teams with other HOK members from outside the immediate account team.
* Development annual operating plan for the account and participates in account strategy development with OSS leadership team.
* Ensures the SLAs / KPIs are met, measured and reported. Recommend and oversee corrective actions if KPI s fall below targets.
* Manages changes in HOK team to increase efficiency and effectiveness of services, striving to continuously add value.
* Assists in hiring and building teams.
* Manages the integration of new services or service changes.
* Participates the performance reviews and evaluations of planning team as required.
* Keeps project accounting information current.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* English language proficiency.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills; Knowledge and ability to use analytical and problem-solving techniques.
* Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently with minimal supervision.
* Write client reports and deliverable text clearly and comprehensibly, with some assistance.
* Intermediate IWMS/ CAFM principle understanding.
* Some understanding of linkage between RE planning & financial results, and with guidance is capable of tailoring strategic direction to address financial challenges.
* Capable of participating in discussions with customer on RE strategies and space use concepts.
* Distills complex information to the essential for client decision-making.
* Solid understanding of current workplace planning theories.
* Use PowerPoint at an advanced level.
* Strong analysis and spreadsheet capabilities; uses Excel at an intermediate level.
* Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook.
* Basic AutoCAD skills.
* Ability to lead account transition, startup, and team building for new accounts.
* Ability to successfully create, document, track and manage business initiatives.
* Capable of leading the rollout, and delivery of services at a new account.
* Consummate 'relationship manager. Evidenced by client understanding (scope adherence), process alignment, and issue avoidance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor or Master s degree in architecture, real estate, interior design or planning, engineering.
* Professional certification in facility management, interior design, engineering or architecture preferred.
* 5-10 years of experience in project management and delivery of occupancy projects; years of experience vary with position needs.
* Retail banking experience a plus.
* Significant project management experience, delivering projects in remote locations.
* 5 years experience in collaborative team building.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer