Senior Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRADIAL Inc, is a leading provider of ecommerce and interactive marketing services for the world's premier brands and retailers. Radial offers a broad solution's suite designed to power each aspect of a merchant's online business and effectively integrate with their otherchannels. Our advanced technology in fulfillment, customer care and interactive marketing services, enable our clients to elevate the consumer experience cost-effectively sustained over time.
We operate over 2.3 million square feet of fulfillment space and six call centers domestically and internationally with the aim to serve your customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. Any of our operations solutions can be provided on a standalone basis, or bundled together in a larger suite of commerce solutions.
We have a Senior Operations Manager opportunity in Groveport, Ohio. The position will report to the Site Director, and will have responsibility with other managers to oversee the fulfillment center associates of up to 700+ employees that could spike a few hundred more with a contingenttemporary workforce during the peak holiday season.
* Plan and monitor daily labor needs based on immediate and forecasted order and unit volumes.
* Manage the facilities housekeeping program to ensure all areas are continuously free of all debris.
* Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring.
* Adherence to all management by objectives.
* Manage financialbudget in all areas of controllable expenses.
* Review daily departmental goals, accomplishments and potential problems.
* Ensures all orders are processed in an efficient, accurate and timely manner, ensuring proper procedures and training are provided to hourly associates.
* Assigns work and monitors productivity to ensure high standards of quality, accuracy, housekeeping, merchandise damage minimization and safety.
* Works to maintain high level of associate morale and recognition.
* Responsible for ensuring the training of new associates.
* Provides coaching and feedback to exempt staff.
* Performs evaluations of exempt associates. Cascades goals, mentors, and develops supervisory staff.
* Helps determine staffing needs for optimum departments operations.
* Monitors SOP and implements new procedures to ensure that the overall operation runs effectively.
* Ensures the Partner SLA's are adhered to at all times.
* Maintains a working knowledge and complies with all company policies and procedures.
* Consults with DC Managers to ensure consistent use and enforcement of these policies and procedures.
* Works closely with managers to improve the quality and effectiveness of the overall operation.
* Monitors staffing levels to ensure adequate staffing for present and future needs.
* Participates in the hiring process.
* Oversees the development of managers by ensuring they are educated, given the proper tools to do their jobs, and can contribute to the total operation.
* Contributes to an effective safety and security program and ensures compliance from warehouse associates.
* Hold meetings with updates on clients and productivity
* Collaborates with Director of Operations and managers across shifts.
* Responsible for staffing/schedule planning.
* Individual must have management experience with the responsibilities of 80+ non-exempt associates preferred, with a minimum of managing one or more exempt level associates.
* Experience in general utilizing sophisticated WMS and other automated systems and equipment including EDI, RF equipment, sortation, automated conveyor belts and forklift. WMS/RFTechnologyrequired.
* Experience in a high SKU, multi-partner, fast pace environment.
* Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think on your feet, work independently, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
* Skilled at managing a team of individuals with differing levels of skill to enable them to achieve performance and quality standards. Lead by example.
* Training new associates.
* Provide coaching and feedback to hourly staff. Performs evaluations of hourly associates. At least five years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in a large, high volume fulfillment environment with demonstrated leadership qualities. Development and implementing performance metrics.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with upper management and co-workers and subordinates. Previous team building experiences a plus.