Senior Operations Research Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Senior Operations Research Analyst. The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
* Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
* Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
* Prepare reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
* Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
* Specify manipulative or computational methods to be applied to models.
* Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
* Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
* Analyze information to conceptualize and define operational problems.
* Observe the current system in operation and gather and analyze information about each of the parts of component problems, using a variety of sources.
* Design, conduct, and evaluate experimental operational models in cases where models cannot be developed from existing data.
* Break systems into their component parts, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: A Master's Diploma/Degree in Mathematics and/or Engineering; Ten (10) years of relevant experience; or MS in Mathematics or Engineering plus Six (6) years relevant experience; or High School Diploma plus eighteen (18) years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Five (5) years of progressive experience involving computer applications of statistical methods to engineering problem solution.
* Minimum of at least five (5) years demonstrated experience with shipbuilding acquisitions.
* Minimum of at least one (1) year demonstrated experience supporting a major system acquisition program (DHS/USCG Level I, DoD ACAT I or equivalent).
* Evidence of continuing education in the operations research field is required.
* Knowledge of cost, risk, and systems analysis procedures.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.